“A hidden gem”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

We went to this restaurant last night purely based on trip advisor reviews. It didn’t disappoint! Not your “typical” Indian restaurant in that it’s bright and very minimal. Food was superb.. chicken tikka masala is red (hallelujah!!!) and chicken biriyani not spicy but very flavoursome (finally!!) . Naan bread was fresh and not stodgy.. absolutely delicious ! The guys serving were lovely and we were made to feel very welcome. If we are ever in Gloucester again we will revisit!

1  Thank Sarah H
dylan m, Manager at Polash Indian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2017

After reading that I wish that you were from closer by. When you really care about customers then reviews like yours can leave you a bit speechless. Even many “thank you’s” just doesn’t satisfy. I just hope you believe us when we say much appreciated and we hope your visit is sooner. And please mention this review to us in person. It’ll make our working evening so enjoyable!

Reviewed 20 October 2017

The food is always excellent and freshly cooked
If you go on a stop the clock night it's cheap as chips or should that be poppadoms ?
Great food and friendly staff.

Is there anything for me to say Roger?!
You’re spot on with your comments.
Love great reviews such as yours. Thrilling to read and keeps us looking forward to serving customers like you.
It’s not stop the clock anymore but a £7.95 deal which includes a starter, main, rice or naan. It’s a great deal and we do take reservations for the offer. However, it’s only available Monday to Wednesday.
Until next time roger and out!

Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

Have had some great meals at this very friendly Indian restaurant. Now with the new menu got more to try and have loved the ones I have tried.

It is much better now with a bigger area to collect a takeaway and also small tables to sit with a drink while waiting for your takeaway or table. You should see the waterfall.

I see people moan about very busy and have to wait. I would rather wait at a busy place and have good food than very quick in a quiet place. A restaurant is busy because people want to eat there. Always a good sign.

All the staff are great. There is a member of staff called T he always has such a nice smile and wish I had such a slim waist like him !!!!! Hussain and Charlie are very cheeky chaps x lovely atmosphere at this restaurant. Home from home .

1  Thank ciderthorn
dylan m, Manager at Polash Indian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2017

A most thrilling review. I’m glad that you fully appreciate the fact that a busy restaurant is a good sign of good things. If only all customers took note of your patience then our task would be so much easier. I’m really really happy that your experience of the Polash was “great”.
By the way we’re trying our best to fatten up T, and yes the other two are fantastic guys too.

Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

Booked a table for six people on a Saturday night as the restaurant has been extended so thought we take a look.

It is fortunate that the main area to be extended seemed to be the 'waiting'area as that was what everyone was doing.

We arrived on time to a packed restaurant and was told there would be a 10 minute wait. We sat for 15 minutes and watched takeaways coming out for the many people sat waiting. The phone was ringing and not being answered, and others were also waiting for booked tables. The restaurant was cold, noisy and felt like a busy canteen and the staff were disinterested. Eventually, having seen some people leave after complaining twice that they had waited over an hour for food we decided to go elsewhere.

Can highly recommend The Spice House in Barnwood.

3  Thank samglos
dylan m, Manager at Polash Indian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2017

Sam, I recognize you from the picture and I am aware that you have been here many times before. That alone suggests you have been pleased with the Polash on occasions before.
It has been extremely busy since the re-opening and as you have gathered we have been unable to competently cope with the demand, especially so, unfortunately, the day of your reservation. There's no excuse for what happened to you that day but I would like to explain the reasons and I totally agree with your feeling and subsequently, your actions.
We were so busy and struggling to cope with demand that the phone had to be left idle. From experience we have attained it better left unanswered than to hold the call and explain that we are unable to take an order (this attitude leaves the caller, 9/10 times a regular whom we know extremely well, very frustrated and even angry).
Reservations do take a precedent, but on that day more 'non-booking' customers were sat down in the hope that they would leave on time after their meal. This obviously did not go according to plan. As a small restaurant we have to try and 'turn-over' tables as much as we can in order to remain profitable, sometimes this happens to our detriment.
Where you were standing did get cold as the main door kept opening with each arrival and departure but the main part of the restaurant was very warm with all the hustle and bustle. The noise and atmosphere is created by the diners, there's not much we can do on a Saturday evening when many have come with groups of friends to celebrate the weekend and not necessarily for a quiet night out.
Staff been 'disinterested', yes guilty, even myself. On that day we were all dumbfounded by the level of demand. Sorry. Don't know about the recommendation of the Spice House but on a lighter note and as several customers have said, "we're victims of our own success".
I have tried to be as honest as possible and fully accept any blame but I urge you to come and try us again like in the past and I will make it up to you. I'm especially saying this because I know you've been coming here for years. Bygones be bygones....

Reviewed 28 September 2017 via mobile

Took the family for a birthday meal x loving the new menu and service and food always fantastic x the grandkids loved the atmosphere and the food and my husband loves the thatchers on tap x well done lads it's lovely to taste such good food in such great company x x

Fantastic!!! I'm thrilled to read your post.
Like I've explained on similar responses, reviews as such leave me with nothing much to write but thank you thank you and thank you!!!