All reviews lovely hotel park the car each morning kippers full english eggs benedict standard room other guests high standard tv armchairs reception bath wedding bedroom refurbishment
Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

Booked this hotel for 1 night early September with my partner. Booked on the day so didn’t mind paying the slightly higher price for one of the only rooms left available. Upon arrival the receptionist and FOH staff where brilliant, we where made to feel very welcome and offered fresh lemonade ect. The room it self was lovely snug and very well cleaned (except the window frames) but the rest of the room made up for this. The bathroom was fairly small but still very nice and what an amazing shower I could have stayed in there for hours. Had a drink on the bar before going out for a meal and to the cinema as it was a special occasion.

However on our return we planned on having a couple more drinks on the bar and I had earlier asked the receptionist if there was a late bar and was told the night porter could serve us if we wanted drinks past the bar hours. But on our arrival back I asked the porter if we could get a couple drinks and was rather rudely told no. Didn’t seem to know a single thing about how to deal with a resident politely as was very blunt and didn’t even look at me when I asked him about the bar.

I myself am a night porter at a hotel and was not satisfied with the way I was spoken to or treated by the night staff. I would have understood if they had been busy setting up functions or busy with work because I know that it can be hard to set up functions ect and try to serve people on the bar at the same time but he wasn’t he was sat behind the desk on his phone but behind the computer so you could see, I then checked The function rooms in the morning and they where all empty as they had been the night previous which just leads me to believe he just couldn’t be bothered to go on the bar.

As said previously everything about the stay other than this was perfect lovely room, lovely breakfast and a special thank you to the receptionist who made us feel very welcome. But I think you might staff need some training in customer service.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank jamiebosomworth
Klaudia K, Front Office Manager at Country Living St. George Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2018

Dear jamiebosomworth,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience! I am delighted you speak to highly of our Front of House staff, I will have great pleasure in sharing your comments with them.

As you can see from many reviews on this site, our staff genuinely want to make every guests stay with us special and memorable. I am therefore sorry that our nights team customer service did not meet your expectations on this occasion.

I really do hope that you will visit us again in the future so we can prove that your negative experience on this occasion was a one off.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 3 September 2018

My wife and I went to this hotel to celebrate our 50th Wedding Anniversary. The hotel has recently been refurbished and everything is brand new. What a great choice, the staff couldn't do enough for us. The rooms are well appointed with nice furniture and a comfortable bed. There is a good selection of food for breakfast including a full English. Everything is literally on your doorstep. A visit to the famous "Betty's Tea Rooms" is a must, it's a small walk up the Main Street from the hotel. I can't recommend it highly enough. You'll need to book up their car park as it can get busy.

Room Tip: I recommend booking a superior room.
Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank James K
Klaudia K, Front Office Manager at Country Living St. George Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2018

Dear James K,

Thank you for choosing us to celebrate your 50th Wedding Anniversary.

I am thrilled that you enjoyed your recent visit to our hotel. I would like to thank you for your feedback regarding your room and the facilities in our hotel. We really do appreciate your feedback as it is our best tools for improving our level of service. I am delighted that you highlight our friendly & attentive staff and how we were able to make your stay even more comfortable.

I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 1 September 2018

This hotel has recently been refurbished. Warm reception on arrival.
Our room was on the second floor and was reached using a small lift that seemed very slow. We had a dinner, bed and breakfast deal. Plenty to choose from at breakfast and the service was very quick. More limited choice at dinner (unless you paid a supplement of £3 for a different starter or £6 for a different main course). Food was always well prepared and well presented.

Room Tip: Quiter rooms face the car park
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ian R

Dear Ian R,

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and that you found our staff to be so helpful.

Please do not hesitate to contact us directly if you would like any assistance with future bookings.

I hope to welcome you back soon for another memorable stay.

Reviewed 1 September 2018

Seems like this hotel has been recently refurbished. My room was compact, as advertised, but was well presented and stocked and nice to be in. It was near the lift/stairs so there was some corridor noise as there was a wedding reception taking place in the hotel and the disco was at full tilt till midnight. Great location, just a short walk to Harrogate city centre. There is ample parking behind the hotel (take a left directly after the hotel when approaching from the town) for which they charge £10 per night. Really good breakfast and excellent staff throughout. Pleasant common areas and good WiFi.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
3  Thank iamallovertheplace

Dear iamallovertheplace,

I am really happy you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope to welcome you back again soon.

I have already passed your comments on to all of the team which was again very much appreciated.

Reviewed 28 August 2018

yes very good hotel with dinner and breakfast very cheap we aleays go there when we are in harrogate its in the centre with parking the breakfast is self service and lots of it the staff are very helpfull

Stayed: December 2017
Klaudia K, Front Office Manager at Country Living St. George Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2018

Dear Christine B,

Thank you for the five star review! I am so happy that you enjoyed all aspects of your recent stay.
Myself and the team look forward to welcoming you back for another memorable Country Living experience!