All reviews valley gardens lovely park breakfast was excellent fresh fruit and flowers lovely guesthouse pretty park full english main town street parking tea and biscuits comfy bed shower cubicle stayed for nights minute walk to the centre very comfortable stay plenty of choice a great nights sleep
Reviewed 11 September 2016

This B & B as the best breakfast I have ever had away from home, it beats everywhere I have ever stayed and the selection is extraordinary, fresh fruit, juice,cereal,yogurt,and then the full English or anything on toast ,porridge etc., and so well cooked, I could not fault it, The room was clean and comfortable with fresh flowers and fruit in the room, the host and hostess were lovely and very helpful. There is a lovely park opposite and we never heard any noise fromit, our room was very quiet, I can't recommend this enough, so glad we booked, made our stay in Yorkshire even better . No trouble with parking either. Very close to Harrogate town centre, about a 5 minute walk.

Room Tip: Roma's at front of hotel
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gloriawednesfield
Reviewed 18 August 2016

Just returned from a 4 day visit to this hotel and all I can say is, it was great. Comfy beds, great breakfast with choices of juices, cereals, cooked breakfast, toast and jams. Pleasant staff, opposite the park and a slight walk out of town. Plenty of hot water for showers, great luxury towels, also tea making facilities in the room with biscuits and a small bowl of fruit replenished daily.
This guest house was recommend to me by a friend and without a doubt, I would certainly recommend it to anyone else.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 July 2016

I was in Harrogate for a writers festival that meant much of the accommodation in the town was booked out for that weekend. By a bit of luck I managed to get the last room at The Dales, and I'm so glad that I did. Talking to others at the festival staying at larger (and much more expensive) hotels, I seemed to have a much better experience. The owners were warm and welcoming, my room was all that I needed, with plenty of space, storage, and a bathroom with a great shower. It's not a luxury hotel if that's what you're looking for, but rather a very solid small hotel/B&B with a nice atmosphere and lovely hosts. The breakfast was very good, and nothing was too much trouble. Right opposite a large park, and only a couple of blocks from the main central area, The Dales is ideally located, and would make a great base for a variety of visits to Harrogate. I met someone there who had stayed there every year she'd been to the writers festival. I can see myself being the same in future.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 July 2016

Lovely B&B, lovely little touches like flowers and biscuits in room, massive bathroom, custom breakfast. Let us put luggage in room early, and leave luggage till late on day of leaving. Lovely location opposite Valley Park, within walking distance of town centre and train station.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 June 2016 via mobile

Excellent location. Parking not a problem. Clean spacious rooms. Very quiet area well within walking distance to all shops etc
Lovely Italian restaurant nearby
Would recommend to stay here when visiting Harrogate
Good breakfast, plenty fresh fruit available

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family