All reviewsvalley gardenslovely parkbreakfast was excellentfresh fruit and flowerslovely guesthousefull englishpretty parkmain townstreet parkingtea and biscuitsshower cubiclestayed for nightsminute walk to the centrecomfy bedvery comfortable staya great nights sleepfantastic location
Reviewed 25 July 2016

I was in Harrogate for a writers festival that meant much of the accommodation in the town was booked out for that weekend. By a bit of luck I managed to get the last room at The Dales, and I'm so glad that I did. Talking to others at the festival staying at larger (and much more expensive) hotels, I seemed to have a much better experience. The owners were warm and welcoming, my room was all that I needed, with plenty of space, storage, and a bathroom with a great shower. It's not a luxury hotel if that's what you're looking for, but rather a very solid small hotel/B&B with a nice atmosphere and lovely hosts. The breakfast was very good, and nothing was too much trouble. Right opposite a large park, and only a couple of blocks from the main central area, The Dales is ideally located, and would make a great base for a variety of visits to Harrogate. I met someone there who had stayed there every year she'd been to the writers festival. I can see myself being the same in future.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 July 2016

Lovely B&B, lovely little touches like flowers and biscuits in room, massive bathroom, custom breakfast. Let us put luggage in room early, and leave luggage till late on day of leaving. Lovely location opposite Valley Park, within walking distance of town centre and train station.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 June 2016 via mobile

Excellent location. Parking not a problem. Clean spacious rooms. Very quiet area well within walking distance to all shops etc
Lovely Italian restaurant nearby
Would recommend to stay here when visiting Harrogate
Good breakfast, plenty fresh fruit available

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 April 2016 via mobile

We arrived late one evening and were met with a cheerful smile the too was going to be cleaned the next day ... No trouble she would clean it now be ready in 20 min we had a delightful room at the top of the house good views and an awesome breakfast . She really knows how to cooked eggs and omelette shad lovely stay great location

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 December 2015

We were attending a wedding and decided to book a guest house near the centre of Harrogate. The Dales has an attractive location with a lovely park on the opposite side of the street (houses on one side of the street) which is useful for a morning walk! Car parking was on the street but there is plenty of room for parking (permit provided by our hostess). The hostess, who was happy for us to arrive late (10.20pm) after a long drive, met us with a cheery smile plus our room keys and a parking permit!!

The bedroom was large and complete with en-suite. The bed was very comfortable and cosy with a large fluffy duvet. The en-suite bathroom was spotlessly clean. There was ample storage space for our clothes, useful tea/coffee making facilities and a welcome bowl of fruit. Very nice!!

Breakfast was excellent with fresh fruit, cereal and a cooked breakfast freshly prepared by our host complete with lashings of tea or coffee. We stayed at The Dales for two nights in late December. We would definitely recommend this guest house.

Room Tip: Choose a room at front of building as it has a view of the park on other side of the very quiet street.
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family