2,568 results
All reviews porterhouse restaurant town centre lovely hotel superior room self service evening meal no air conditioning ten minute walk afternoon tea plenty of choice enjoyable stay reception staff buffet style car park weekend break following morning breakfast was excellent
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We were a large group of guests in Harrogate for a wedding and the hotel was a great choice as a base. It is in an excellent central location overlooking a vast park area but within walking distance of the city.

The bar and reception areas were comfortable and welcoming and the food in the restaurant was excellent

Room Tip: Front facing rooms look over the stray, the back onto a car park
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I recently held an event at the hotel, from the initial planning stage to the day of the event, Carla the Sales Office Manager was exceptional. She assisted with menu tweaks, offered her advice with wines and even booked our entertainment for the evening.

The food and service during the event was excellent, all our guests thoroughly enjoyed the evening and a great selection of drinks were available from the bar.

As i thoroughly enjoyed the evening I have planned to go and stay again for a leisure break.

Looking forward to my next stay.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front of the property have beautiful views.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This hotel is an a great location for Harrogate. Its a beautiful building, and feels really nice when you walk in.
Staff were very friendly & welcoming.
The room was large clean & comfortable, a little dated, but the refurbishment that is planned will take care of that.
The food was very good, and service couldn't be faulted.
I can recommend it!

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 September 2018

First impressions are so important; so when you arrive at a hotel and no one is manning reception with no one around to assist, you wonder if you have made the right choice. Our room wasn't ready when we did check in, we were early so no problem there, but there was no offer of storing our luggage, help as to where we could eat, just your keys will be ready at 2:30. On returning the same receptionist had no idea who we were, when we introduced ourselves we were given our keys with no pleasantries as to where and when breakfast is taken or welcome to the hotel.
Our room, with a view overlooking the Stray, was pleasant and clean, the bed although a little soft afforded us a good nights sleep. There was tea and coffee making facilities but they no longer provide water in the rooms, which was still shown as provided on their web site when we booked.The bathroom, for a superior room had very basic toiletries and the shower could have done with a little more power (a fault with many hotels these days), but there was plenty of hot water and nice towels. Housekeeping were very helpful and efficient.
Breakfast could not be described as extensive in choice but I doubt anyone could say they couldn't find enough to satisfy them.
We liked the location of the Cedar Court, just out of town but an easy walk into the centre.
A word to the wise: do not keep your room key next to a contactless card in your wallet or purse; it took us two failed attempts to enter our room with journeys back to reception before one receptionist advised us of the problem.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 September 2018

I booked several weeks in advance, stipulating that with six children in the party I would need adult rooms adjacent to the children's rooms. I was assured that this would be done and told that it would be 'illegal' not to do so.
When we checked into the hotel (26/8/18) we found that the two children's rooms were next to each other and the nearest adult's room was two rooms away.
On going down to the bar we found that there was both a wedding reception and an anniversary celebration in progress, neither of which we had been warned about. The area was crowded with no hope of seating for our party and service was slow.
I had some days before booked a table for dinner. When I went to check in, I was told that I had no reservation and they could not accommodate my party because of the celebration events. The duty manager, to whom I complained, handled the matter well by arranging and paying for taxis to a city restaurant. However, it resulted in starting to eat some one and half hours later than planned. The duty manager admitted that I should have been warned about the events in the hotel.
The next morning, water started to enter the breakfast room from above.
I wrote a letter of complaint, outlining all of the above, to the General Manager who did not favour me with a reply. I prompted someone in customer relations who sent me a generally unsatisfactory response and offered me free points to be used in another hotel in the franchise. I shall not be taking up the offer. I would advise anyone to think carefully before booking at this hotel .I shall not.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family