2,566 results
All reviews porterhouse restaurant town centre lovely hotel superior room self service evening meal no air conditioning ten minute walk afternoon tea plenty of choice enjoyable stay reception staff buffet style car park weekend break following morning breakfast was excellent
Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

We booked the Travelzoo deal - £119 for a Saturday night in a superior room with £25pp voucher for evening meal, breakfast and late checkout. What can I say - fantastic value!

We arrived an hour earlier than the 2.30pm check in time. Our room was ready and we were checked in promptly by friendly receptionist. The room was fabulous and very spacious.

The town centre and bars were only a short 10 minute walk away.

We had booked our evening meal for 8.00pm but were able to move it forward to 7.30pm when we decided we would like to eat earlier. The food was delicious - we decided to eat from the a la Carte menu. There were only another two couples in the restaurant at the time of ordering our meal so service was very good. Some couples who arrived as we were finishing our main course could be heard muttering as they had to wait quite a while for their food (there was a wedding reception being held in the venue so I assume kitchen staff were stretched).

Beds were very comfortable.

Breakfast was a nice experience- we went to the restaurant at 8.30am and there were only a handful guests eating although it was quite busy by the time we left. There was a good selection of breakfast items.

All in all, a lovely trip to Harrogate and we enjoyed it so much, we have booked a return visit next month.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Carla S, Public Relations Manager at Cedar Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2018

Thank you for your lovely review I am delighted to read you had a lovely trip and we look forward to welcoming you back next month.

Reviewed 23 August 2018

The best thing about this hotel by far was staff member Kieran, who was bartender, waiter and probably helped out in other areas as well.Our tour group of approximately 20 people would probably agree with me.

The room was comfortable enough once I asked for and received a fan. We Texans are used to air conditioning in the kind of heat that hit the UK from June on! The taps in the tub were a bit confusing at first. I'd probably investigate other options if I were to return to the area but I enjoyed my stay overall.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Cindy T
Carla S, Manager at Cedar Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2018

Dear Cindy

Thank you for your kind words regarding Kieran, I have a great team here at Cedar Court and I am glad Kieran looked after you and made your stay more pleasant.

I am sorry the room was a bit warm, yes the weather has been a lot warmer than it usually is, but we do provide fans for guest comfort.

We are due to a refurbishment of our bedrooms is the next couple of weeks so we hope you will consider coming back and seeing
our improvements.

Reviewed 21 August 2018

The first supposedly 'superior' room we stayed in was okay; a reasonable size and with a comfortable bed. Trouble was, it was located almost within touching distance of the hotel's designated smoking area (outdoor seating, directly outside the main entrance), so had a very disturbed sleep. Moved to a quieter location for the next 2 nights, though the room was much smaller and less comfortable. Tried their breakfast the first morning; did not have it again. Stone cold cooked food. All in all, poor value and could not recommend this hotel.

Stayed: August 2018
2  Thank ivan382
Carla S, Manager at Cedar Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2018

Dear Ivan

Thank you for your feedback, I am sorry to read your comments that you had a disturbed night sleep the first night due to guests outside the front of the hotel but I am delighted that our staff were accommodating and were able to move you to an alternative room. All the Superiors have all the same bed and facilities so one should be no less comfortable than the other albeit some are smaller than others.
I am sorry breakfast wasn't up to your expectations we are working hard to improve this, it is challenging sometimes when the has hotel 100% but my team are working hard to make it perfect for our guests.

I thank you for booking Cedar Court , I would like to express my disappointment that you did not enjoy your stay but thank you for your feedback

Reviewed 20 August 2018

My husband and I only spent one night here. It was a £99 deal including breakfast and £50 towards a meal in the hotel restaurant.
We both wished we were spending longer there. The meal was excellent, room really nice, staff extremely helpful and location also good.
Only one extra would be nice, maybe bottled water in room.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Joyce

Thank you for your lovely feedback, we are delighted you had an excellent stay and enjoyed the room and meal and that our staff were their usual friendly selves.

I take on board your comment regarding the bottled water, however Harrogate Water the traditional way I think is rather lovely and much cooler from the tap than a bottle sat in bed room !

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 17 August 2018

I have been here four nights and it's been a pleasure. My room wasn't ready when I arrived, so I was offered a drink and given an upgrade. The room I have is nice and the broad band very fast. I wasn't expecting to, but I've eaten here every night: The food really is good.
The main business for this hotel is tour buses coming off the nearby motorway, but the hotel staff adjust well to solo visitors.
The gym and pool are good. The only annoying experience was this evening when I had been in the gym and asked for a cup for the water faucet. The guy behind reception pointed at the sad single cup sitting on the faucet and said 'There's one there, tha'll be a'right''. His colleague bought some cups. If it wasn't for this guy, Cedar Court would have got 5 stars.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo

Hi Matthew

We are delighted the Cedar Court got a nearly five out of five, but think you may have the wrong one as Harrogate does not have a gym or a pool so you may need to amend this :)