3,774 results
All reviews premium room afternoon tea leisure facilities evening meal refurbished room three course meal large hotel town centre spa break bit dated self service lots of choice old building buffet style one night stay enjoyable stay birthday treat
Reviewed 23 June 2018

went there yesterday on groupon voucher £60 each which included 3 course eve meal breakfast and use of spa but due to its renovation going on
the entrance was so decieving we drove by it 3 times, reception has been placed in a poky little corner and mix up of rooms a lot of this hotel is out of bounds due to its renovation which spoilt a lot of the pleasure of seeing this beautiful building which i visited 2 years ago the history seems to have gone please dont spoil the history of this magnifest hotel. the eve 3 course meal was superb the breakfast was great and the spa was lovely but this was a birtday treat and with all the scaffolding and closed off rooms the atmoshere wasnt the same and it was an £8 car park fee which was a shock

Room Tip: any room that doesnt overlook scaffolding
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank lynda186346
TheMajesticHarrogate, Manager at The Majestic Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 days ago

Dear lynda186346,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review.
I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us here in Harrogate.
We strive for absolute excellence in all departments in the hotel and I am very grateful that this was received. I will pass on your kind words to the team which I am sure will be welcomed greatly.
I do apologise that you have been distracted by the sight of the building work, please rest assured that I have pass this comment through to our General Manager.
I hope that we can welcome you back to Harrogate and to us here at The Majestic again soon.

Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

Hmmm.... what can I say. My mum taught me not to say anything if I was going to be rude! Given wrong room (already taken- no embarrassing positions- thank god!). Out dated, unorganised, disappointing. Would not recommend. Perhaps wait until the refit has finished. One positive, perfectly situated for Harrogate town centre, Betty’s, weatherspoons!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
4  Thank Zena P

Dear Zena P,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review.
I will highlight all your comments to our General Manager who will investigate these with the relevant Heads of Departments; implementing the corrective training where appropriate.
We take all our guests' feedback extremely seriously and will always endeavour to learn and improve from it where we can.
I hope that in the future you will allow us another chance to showcase the hotel to the standard that I know we operate at on a daily basis.

Reviewed 22 June 2018

We first visited this hotel in 1980 when it was a Trust House Forte hotel. Then it was a grand old Victorian delight.
We returned on a Woucher deal to see if it had changed.
Yes it is being refurbished and parts of it are out of bounds, and it doesn’t look so grand. But that did not spoil our holiday.
We were given a room on the first floor which had not been refurbished, but which was clean, large and very comfortable, and some of the best towels we have had in any hotel.
Our deal included dinner on the first night and afternoon tea on the second day.
The dinner was average. The cod was over cooked and dry. However the afternoon tea was lovely.
We will most likely return after the renovations are completed in order to see this lovely hotel at its best

Stayed: June 2018

Dear lindypnewman,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review.
I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us here in Harrogate.
I do apologise about the dinner, that the food did not meet your expectations, please rest assured that the kitchen had been informed about this and the head chef will make any adjustments necessary.

Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

This place is a building site - serious renovation works going on. And it really needs the renovation! My room had ripped curtains and only the bedside light worked (reported to housekeeping day one, still not fixed on day five)
Whole place is shabby and needs a coat of paint.
On arrival they couldn't print room keys and you had to be escorted to your room by staff with master keys.
Car park has been completely full on 3 out of 5 nights and there is no close alternative due to residents parking schemes.
I do think it'll be awesome when done - but in the meantime, avoid.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank shelf_caribou

Dear shelf_caribou,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback following your recent stay.
I have personally raised your comments to our in-house maintenance and housekeeping teams regarding the issues with your bedroom. This is not the standard that we wish our guests to experience and the teams will begin the necessary work on this bedroom immediately. I am sorry that these issues were not picked up sooner however I hope that I can assure you the necessary action will be taken to return this room to the standard that is both expected and promised from us.
I hope that you will choose to stay at The Majestic Hotel again and that we can showcase the hotel to the standard that I know we can operate at. The public areas and ground floor refurbishment is due to be finished by December of this year with the rest of the bedrooms being completed early 2019. I hope that we can welcome you back at this time to experience the exciting changes and stunning property.

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

Stayed for two nights in business. The room was a good size but very dated and shabby - bathroom too. Curtains were stained, furniture & decor very dated - not impressed at all. I know the hotel is under renovation but current rooms are far too over priced - should be heavily discounted fo the standard of room.
Very disappointed