New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of The Arc Hotel

The Arc Hotel
The Arc Hotel
Ranked #4 of 102 Harrogate B&B and Inns
“Gorgeous place, amazingly helpful owners”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2011

I stayed here for two nights in the single room while working in Harrogate and I can not recommend this hotel enough, it's immaculatly clean and my room was trendy and had everything I needed to make the stay perfect. The owner rang me and sorted out me picking the key up from safe place and did my own book in at the time suited to me, she recommended restaurants for me and gave me loads information about where to park and the area. Unfortunatly I wasn't able to comment on breakfast as needed to be away extra early but the breakfast room looked lovely too and I wish I could have stayed. Value for money and worth every penny.

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank Karen04116

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Skipton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2011

We stayed at The Arc for two nights in February. We were impressed with the decor (really like the carpets in communal area) and the whole place had a new, updated feel to it. I also liked the fact that we were pretty much left to our own devices by the owner (collected key from a safe place and checked ourselves in) she was there at breakfast obviously and gave us tips on places to eat but she wasn't at all in your face and we didn't feel like we were impinging on someone's home like some B&B's we have been to. It's definitely midway between a B&B and hotel.

We had a good full english breakfast (good choice of continental food avaiable too) on the first morning and treated ourselves to breakfast at Betty's on the Sunday, which the owner didn't seem to mind at all and even recommended the chocolate mice and macaroons to take home for our kids. We spent quite alot of time in our room because it was snowy and although it was small it was comfy (the bed we had was fine!) and we enjoyed just relaxing, reading the papers and watching TV. Nice toiletries in the bathroom - the bathrooms are a feat of engineering, making maximum use of a small space. Shower was excellent too. Good value for money. We really enjoyed our break in Harrogate and would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank lexandol2011
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2011

We stayed with Lisa at the Arc Hotel for a wedding in Harrogate and I cannot fault the hotel. She gave us a call to let us know we could be flexible about check in and was incredibly friendly throughout our stay.
The rooms are lovely and modern and the bathrooms are gorgeous!
As for breakfast - all I can say is yum!
Thanks for a wonderful stay - we'll definitely be back.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2011

My friends and I stayed here for one night whilst away for a girly weekend. The service was excellent from the min we got there. The B&B is beautifully finished inside and our room was great because it slept 3 adults very comfortably! Location was perfect and we had a really good breakfast!

• Stayed May 2011
Leeds, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2011

All in all a good hotel, lots of time spent and money in making it an enjoyable experience, why oh why did the owners not buy decent beds!!!!!

At the time I did tell them that the bed was bad and was told a lie that the bed was new, come on people!!! We all know what a new bed feels like even if it's not to your liking ie soft/hard etc..

Room Tip: Check whether they have actually got new beds yet?