All reviews meal deal thyme restaurant wooden shutters good nights sleep comfortable bed long journey convenient location family room overnight stop road noise would stay again twin room plenty of parking budget hotel bar area cooked breakfast one night stay
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I can’t praise the staff highly enough for their efficiency, helpfulness and friendliness. The meals were very good and the room was excellent value for money. The location suited us as it was near the A1.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I stayed here overnight last week. I arrived later than planned at 9pm, welcoming staff and food still being served. I'm part of Slimming World so the chef put me a lovely steak and Greek salad together which wasn't on the menu! I was really pleased. Can't say the same for breakfast - everything was fatty and oily. The "fresh fruit" was a packet of frozen summer berries in a bowl, still frozen. So bring your own breakfast! But I had a great nights sleep, big comfy bed, quiet, clean. Generally a very nice stay

Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

We have stayed in this premier inn several times. It’s very easy for an overnight stay to break a journey if using the A1. Staff are friendly, rooms are clean and comfortable. Plenty of parking even if you arrive late.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 October 2018 via mobile

We usually stay at Premier Inn Norman Cross every 1/2 months when visiting family & for business. When we arrived about midday there were a number of customers a little annoyed the kitchen was closed. A little bad if you have travelled far, as there is nowhere nearby for a sandwich. The chef seemed to be in the lounge saying he had been painting in the kitchen! As usual room good and except for a non working, grubby extractor fan in the windowless bathroom, very good. Not the same story in the dining room. Had booked for dinner at 7pm but actually asked at the desk of i may be allowed in at 6.40 instead as I had to meet somebody earlier the expected afterwards. Met by a Mr Singh who said, "No, we have a lot of people due soon and won't be able to do it". No apology or smile. I was quite humiliated. Went back to the room for 20 minutes. The evening staff seemed disinterested and Mr Singh plain rude. I watched 2 more customers who appeared unhappy in the restuarant. Later my husband joined me and he asked what the wine deal was. Told buy 2 large glasses of wine - get the rest of the bottle free. Ordered 2 large glasses and Barman put bottle back in position. I said "well dont we get the rest of the bottle then". He said, "That was the last bottle & I have no more of that", but passed us back the bottle with the drop in the bottom! Just wondered why on earth he didn't tell us he had run out of that brand before we ordered it? Especially as we had just enquired what the deal was! Norman Cross used to be so friendly and had laughs with the staff. As always Paul, in the morning was polite and friendly plus a new lady who has only recently started there kept up the high standards. Must say standards of the waiting staff have slipped. May just be 2 bad days but not looking forward to return visits.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple