All reviews ramblewood inn the pub lovely grounds steam room lovely hotel four poster bed large room nene park beautiful building no lift reception area good size hotel restaurant evening meal booked this hotel reception staff wedding breakfast
Reviewed 30 December 2017

Visited for the second time this year. Stayed two nights in an access room which made our stay comfortable. Staff are friendly. Hotel is clean. We had some noise during the night (that's due to other visitors to the hotel). Bedroom was warm perfect temperature for us, comfortable bed. Shower was good temperature. Buffet breakfast is organised well, the breakfast room was lovely and warm. Lovely grounds to walk around after dinner. Pool, Jacuzzi, steam room and sauna, all fabulous. Will visit again.

Room Tip: Room 2 is an access room. It is a warm room which was great for us.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Martin S
Reviewed 28 December 2017

This hotel has been our home every christmas for the past four years. To be honest reading all the reviews from past customers, to me it seems as all they want to do is complain. Well i must say is "grow up" this hotel offers the best atmosphere anyone could wish for. Nicley decorated rooms especially to old section, includuding large beds and massive baths. They go out of thier way to look adter you. The spa includes a pool, steam room and sauns, relaxation room with drinks for free. Also gym and treatment rooms.
The pub next door offers good bar meals with a quiet relaxing bar with resturant in you prefer.
For me the Huntley restaurant has the best menu anywhere, over thenfour years we have never been let down with the alocarte food on offer.
So please dont ever be put off by these one off bad reviews, this hotel will always go above and beyond to make your stay as memorable as possible.
There are some very sad people out there that will always pull a place down just for the fun of it.
Just enjoy your stay.

Room Tip: Dont be afraid to ask for an upgrade.
Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 December 2017

This is a nice little hotel, with friendly staff, but is in serious need of modernising...especially in the rooms, which are very dated and tired.
We enjoyed a relaxing stay, with a nice afternoon tea on arrival (pictured) in a comfortable sofa area of the hotel and the staff looked after us very well for this, plus check-in, check-out and any queries we had during our stay.
One service issue I feel needs changing in this hotel is the "£3 tray charge" for ordering a beer to the room. My wife is pregnant and was having an afternoon nap in the room, so I thought I would order a beer from room-service/the bar to enjoy whilst I watched TV when my wife slept. I phoned through to order it, but when I was told it would essentially cost £3 to have the beer delivered to the room, I decided to wander through the hotel and get it myself. This was a bit of a headache, as you have to walk outside the hotel to get to the bar and it was almost down to freezing temperatures outside. I felt an easier way for the hotel to deal with this would have been to say "we have a £3 tray charge for room service orders below, say £10". In which case, I could have ordered something extra and still been able to relax and have this brought to me rather than having to trek outside.
The rooms were easily the weak point of the hotel, which is a real shame as they are actually quite spacious and well laid out, but are just tired and dated. There was no heating in the bathroom and only a radiator in the bedroom, but the bathroom door would spring itself closed, so I had to wedge the door with something to even allow the bedroom radiator to warm the bathroom. As you can see from the attached photos, the bathroom had some very dated tiling and plumbing. If this was brought up to date and modernised a bit, these rooms would be great. Cleanliness was also a problem though...the water glasses in the room were covered in greasy fingerprints and didn't look like they had been washed properly in a while.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Owen W
Reviewed 19 December 2017

We had a great afternoon tea and the gluten free tea was FAB, We are going to return but with a group of friends to celebrate my husband’s Birthday. . The service was good and friendly and we were able to sit on comfortable sofas in a great setting.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 December 2017

Great room (went for a 4-poster bedroom) in a lovely old building for a night away. Nice pub next door, perfect for getting in to Peterborough Centre. Quiet grounds, no noise even though there were Xmas parties going on downstairs. In terms of the Spa, if you're staying at he hotel you can use this for free from check-in until check out.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple