All reviews rowing club pub next door hotel is situated a bit tired buffet breakfast lovely setting would stay again stayed for one night city centre weekend break evening meal tea and coffee making facilities comfy bed karina buisness rear
Reviewed 16 December 2016 via mobile

Stayed here whilst working in the area. I really wouldn't stay again. As I walked into the room I knew I had made a mistake. The lights barely lit the room, but probably for good reason as staines all over the carpet, and room was very tired looking (like the rest of the hotel).

The shower didn't work at all in the morning, reported to the desk, but couldn't wait to swap rooms as would have been late for my meeting.

When I came back in the afternoon I enquired if shower had been fixed (it hadn't) and I needed to change rooms. The parting comment from the staff was "check the shower works in this one as the hotel is falling apart and they don't all work". Great!!

My next room was still grotty with staines everywhere, but at least I could have a shower.

This hotel is on its last legs and clearly needs money spent on it. Its unloved for sure.

Not the staffs fault but will not stay here again, and urge you to stay in one of the premier inns which are like 5 star luxury compared to this.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank Lizzie F
DragonflyTeam, Manager at Dragonfly Hotel Peterborough, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2016

Dear Lizzie F,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review of the hotel, and I'm very sorry we failed to meet your expectations on this occasion. Please note that your comments and feedback will be shared with the team and, as always, we will try and improve the standard of our product and service moving forward. I hope that you will consider using the hotel again in the future to give us a chance to restore your faith.

Regards,

Reviewed 15 December 2016

This hotel could quickly improve its ratings with some attention to décor, some fresh paint (especially in the corridors) would make a big difference. However the location was wonderful (amazing views and easy access to both town and countryside); the staff were efficient and friendly; the room was spotlessly clean and very comfortable (the ability to control the temperature via the wall heater and adjustable shower height both big plusses); I was able to connect quickly and easily to the free WiFi and use this with no problems throughout my stay. A stress free, comfortable and peaceful stay thank you. Reading other reviews I'm not sure if different rooms are of different standards, or if people are expecting five star accommodation for three star prices, all I can say is my experience was very positive and I would absolutely use this hotel again.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends

Dear Lindy-J101,

Thank you for your review of your stay with us here at the Dragonfly, and we're delighted you enjoyed your time here. We hope to be able to welcome you back to the hotel again in the near future.

Reviewed 10 December 2016 via mobile

Wot lovelly quiet place to stay ...very nice suite we stayed in .. clean ad fresh and a view wow wow .. breakfast was good too .. we be back in the warmer weather .. theres also a restuarant next door to which is nice too ....

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank 646tracy67
DragonflyTeam, Manager at Dragonfly Hotel Peterborough, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2016

Dear 646tracy67

Thank you very much for your 5 star review of the hotel following your recent stay with us. We are delighted to have exceeded your expectations, and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 9 December 2016 via mobile

I've been in the dragonfly several times but it's not somewhere I would chose to go.
On all my visits it's empty. It's a nice modern building in very good location but is not successful. The staff are always just sitting chatting together as the reception and bar are joined and I've never seen more than 4 or 5 other people in the public areas.
Rooms are modern and ok. Bog standard. This hotel has so much potential but has never taken off.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business

Dear Clare F,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback and I'm sorry you were less than 100% satisfied with your experience here at the Dragonfly Hotel.
I hope you will consider visiting us again in the future to give us a chance to restore your faith in the hotel.

Reviewed 9 December 2016

My friend and I stayed in this hotel for an overnight break to do some Christmas shopping in Peterborough, and this hotel was a perfect find. My priority is to have quiet at night so I can sleep, and the room was perfect in that respect. The hotel was clean, there was tea/coffee in the room and the staff were very friendly and helpful. We opted to have breakfast and there was a very good selection of options (cooked breakfast, cereal, pastries, fruit, yoghurt etc). The dining area overlooks a lake and it feels like being in the countryside, although the hotel is just 15/20 minutes walk from the centre of the city. As others have pointed out, some of the decor is a little tired, but for the price we paid, I think this was absolutely great value.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends

Dear AliasL45,

Thank you very much for your review of the hotel following your recent Christmas shopping trip. We are delighted to have met your expectations and provided a great place to stay for you and your friend, and hope to be able to welcome you back to the hotel again in the future.