All reviews nice hot water power outlets on site restaurant rooms are clean very generous portions excellent place to stay nice stay cold night a ground floor room king room good size stayed longer great spot town centre bed was comfortable burnie murchison
Reviewed 9 July 2018

I think the Management and Staff at the Best Western Murchison motel were extremely friendly and cared for our every need. I will stay with them again and have recommended them to friends who are going to Tasmania in October. Thanks again for your hospitality, it was a pleasure to stay with you.

Room Tip: Choose ground floor so you don't have to carry bags up the stairs.
Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
MurchisonLodge, Owner at Best Western Murchison Lodge Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2018

Hi Jenny, thanks for your kind review. Keep up the great promotions, hope to see you when you are back in Tassie - Cindi & Kevin

Reviewed 23 May 2018 via mobile

Excellent place to stay , nice clean room and bathroom . Room was nice and warm on arrival , stay/management very helpful and friendly . Adjoining restaurant Is definitely a must try , the food was excellent and fresh

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 May 2018

We had booked 2 rooms for an over night stay and on arrival we had been upgraded so that we could have 2 rooms together - which I thought was very thoughtful.
Check in was very easy and friendly and everything explained.
Our rooms were very nice and the bed super comfortable. Shower was nice hot water and the heated towel rail was a nice extra comfort on a cold night.
There was a free dvd hire too - so over all a pleasant stay.

Room Tip: The eft hand block gets the afternoon sun.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

It was arranged by my sons basketball association to stay here for 1 night for a early game in Smithton. I found the motel to be very clean and spacious. We had a queen and a single bed in our room. Staff at the reception was very helpful and welcoming and the motels ground looked immaculate, only negatives I have is that I wish I could have stayed longer!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

Great service greets the weary traveller. While the hotel is a little dated, the bed is excellent, the rooms are clean and the location is handy for a quick early exit to the far NW Coast.

In terms of proximity to Burnie, Somerset is close but there are options in town that also present good value options.

Mid week is met with early starters so be prepared to potentially hear a few cars starting up before sunrise.

Overall, this hotel is good value and the service is of a good standard.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business