“Great Asian Restaurant”

Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Romantic, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 23 February 2012

We had a nice meal here. The menu is very extensive, covering a range of Asian cuisines, and you will see items that you'r eve hard pressed to see elsewhere in Wicklow and probably Ireland. Service was friendly and efficient particularly considering the restaurant was very busy. The only small complaint I have is that my Chicken Teryaki was a bit chewy in places. Otherwise everything was delicious, especially the spring rolls. We will be back!

There are newer reviews for Penang Garden

Reviewed 15 February 2012

As a local of wicklow town I naturally tried penang garden shortly after it opened, since I have gone back so many times its uncountable, it is my regular take away and cannot fault it as we eat out of it every other week, the restaurant itself is lovely as is the staff. It is great for a quite meal and equally as great for larger groups. The food is always at a perfect standard and there is great choice in the menu, it is probably the only asian restaurant in wicklow which does not use thickening agents which is an added bonus! Their prices also are great, love this place and will continue to go back again and again!

Reviewed 13 January 2012

Love love this place. It is now the only place I will get Asian food. everything is made there on the premises so no msg's or thickening agents. Happy tummy's leave there. No waking up in the middle of the night dying of the thirst. There is also an excellent choice and if you like the taste but don't want heat there's no problem.

Reviewed 9 November 2011

This is one of the best Asian Restaurants I know. My husband and I visit there many times and the staffs are so professional. The waitress are amazing, they can remember every dish that we had before.

I’ve seen the comments below that some people complaint about the half potion meal for the kids. For Chinese meal it is not like 1 portion for 1 person. People always order a few different dishes and everyone on the table share the food. It’s like a little buffet on one table.

Normally you’ll have a plate with boiled rice and take whatever dish you or your companion ordered to your own plate. So it’s very easy to have a “kid’s meal”. The waitress should explain this to whoever didn’t come cross to Asian meal before.

i.e. 2 adults with 1 kid can order 4 or 5 or may be 6 different dishes (inc starter, soup, main course etc.). It all depends on how much you can eat.

Reviewed 31 August 2011

I had dinner with a large family group of all ages who live mostly in Asia. When I heard Penang was booked I was apprehensive because the menu was such a mix of different Asian cuisines and I thought that was a bad sign. I was completely wrong. Our Asian guests were delighted with the quality of the food. We ordered extra chilli on the side, we got half portions, substitutions etc and there was no problem. We went for the great value €16 3 course. Hot and sour soup was properly hot and sour, Vietnamese chicken salad starter was outstanding, really fresh coriander and mint and a delicious lime dressing. I cant wait to have it as a main. I had red curry as a main and it was very good although I added extra chilli. Out of a table of 10, only one main was a let down the czchuan chicken as it was a bit sweet and sickly. Other than that, clean plates and happy diners. The restaurant had a busy buzzy atmosphere and we had a lovely table overlooking the river. Looking forward to going back and working my way through the rest of the menu!