All reviews golf outing great night food was lovely great crack saturday night hotel staff pub venue
Reviewed 2 July 2018

We stayed in this very central hotel around Paddy’s day and had a wonderful stay.
The rooms are dated but clean and comfortable and of a good size.
The hotel is bang in the centre of Arklow and surrounded by bars, shops and bookies!, close to the sea and harbour with the friendliest of locals you will ever meet!!. One of the best “full Irish” breakfasts we have ever had!, plus excellent evening meals with lots of choice.
The bar is enormous and gets quite bust especially at weekends when the nightclub is open until 2am!.
Definitely recommend for a taste of the full Irish hospitality!!

Stayed: March 2018
James C, Manager at The Royal Hotel Arklow, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2018

Your review has been duly noted and greatly appreciated. As always all comments are given my full consideration and attention. Thanks again and we hope you’ll choose The Royal Hotel Arklow next time your in Arklow.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

We had the pleasure of staying once again in The Royal Hotel,it is a great place to eat and the Staff very professional from the Door men to the Catering staff very well run and reasonable we are a Group off Golfers from 30 to 70 years off age and are booked in for next year.

Room Tip: if your a light sleeper bring Ear Plugs when the Disco is on the Weekends
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
James C, Manager at The Royal Hotel Arklow, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2018

Your review has been duly noted and greatly appreciated. As always all comments are given my full consideration and attention and acted on without further delay. Thanks again and we hope you’ll choose The Royal Hotel Arklow next time you’re in Arklow.

Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

I love this hotel. Yes it's lively and it's above a pub and nightclub but that's the fun. If I wanted a quiet hotel I'd stay somewhere else. For the amount of time you will probably be in he room it's grand. I got a decent sleep when I eventually went to bed, the grub is lovely and huge portions too. Very reasonable rate for a room bang in the centre of the action. We weren't rushed out the next morning either and we for an early check in. Hoping to go back this weekend if I can get availability

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Bee S
James C, Manager at The Royal Hotel Arklow, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2018

Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

Hotel is a pub/Hotel
Rooms are very basic and small
Rooms could do with a major make over .our room was right over smoking area so you could hear everything
Breakfast was disappointing
Cleaning staff where rubbish
Bin in bathroom wasn't emptied from previous guests
Didn't refill toilet paper
There's no on site parking
The noise from nite club keeps you awake till 3 you could be at it in your bedroom
Prices in the bar go up after midnight
Won't be going back

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
James C, Manager at The Royal Hotel Arklow, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2018

Reviewed 3 April 2018

very disappointed as after a hard cold day I needed a hot shower..unfortunately this was not to be..the water wasn't even lukewarm...I've stayed before with no problems but price has gone up by €5 per room and the least I'd expect is hot water availability..

Room Tip: room 15..cold shower.
Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
James C, Director of Sales at The Royal Hotel Arklow, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018