“Lovely golf course”

Woodenbridge Golf Club
Ranked #1 of 18 things to do in Arklow
More attraction details
Owner description: Surrounded by rivers and mature forests, Woodenbridge Golf Club was described by the legendary Joe Carr as "Ireland's Augusta" and "The most scenic golf course in Ireland, a hidden gem". Woodenbridge is listed in the Golf Digest - Ireland's Top 100 Ranking, and is renowned for superb condition of the course and lightning fast, undulating greens.
Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

This is a lovely course to play. The front nine is a bit over the place backwards and forwards... but as it spreads out it is lovely. The greens were in great shape and can be a bit tricky.... on the day we played the ground staff followed us around the course. My good man cannot stand that and he just cannot play with them having around.... it kinda spoiled his game... the scenery around is just spectacular.... worth a play if ever down in arklow...

1  Thank Jacqueline R
"hospitality"
"augusta"
"valley"

Reviewed 18 July 2017

I knew driving up that the golf course had a superb setting but until you are on the course, you don't see how good it is.
The actual course was in great condition, the green's rolled perfectly (if you had the ball on line in the first place) and the welcome from the golf shop all the way to the bar afterwards was fantastic.
If in or around the area, I highly recommend that you play this golf course, you will not regret it one little bit.

1  Thank Andrew S
Reviewed 12 July 2017

2nd year we visited and played Woodenbridge and it has become our favourite course amongst the half dozen we have now played in Ireland which includes both courses at Druids Glen. This is in a beautiful valley and the condition of the entire course is superb - we were lucky with the weather as well, seeing this place on a sunny day made it even better.
The hospitality in the club house is typically Irish - very friendly and accommodating, the food and Guinness fabulous. If I was going to move to Southern Ireland I would make sure it was in this area so I could join this course and play it for the rest of my life! If you turn up and your golf is rubbish on the day, just enjoy the view and you will still come off the course with a smile on your face.

Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

From meeting Craig Lewis professional to having a drink at the 19th Was a joy. And if I could afford to stay all summer I would. The course is fabulous. Go and enjoy

See more reviews
Reviewed 21 June 2017

Booked as part of a golf package , I had been told many good things about this course and it excedded expectations . A beautifully manicured parkland course set in a fantastic location with plenty wildlife and a brook that runs through the course. A golf course that requires thought of the tee and some subtle borrows on the green. I would recommend this course to everyone to experience this gem . I should also add all staff make visitors very welcome.