Arklow Bay Hotel
Woodenbridge Hotel & Lodge(Arklow)(Great Value!)
US$107
US$70
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$84/night.

The Meetings(Arklow)
US$127
US$93
US$104
  • Pool
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$136/night.

US$79
US$208
US$313
US$303
Hotels.com
All reviewsleisure centrekids clubswimming poollovely hotelnight staylovely walksea viewmartinawalkswicklow
Reviewed 1 April 2012

For Christmas 2011 my partner Ann and I had the pleasure of staying in the Arklow Bay Hotel. From our arrival on Christmas Eve to departure on the 27/12/11 the staff were very helpful and nothing seemed to be any trouble to them. The room was very cosy and the bed very comfortable, lovely nights sleep. The Christmas dinner was enjoyable, I really hate "al dente" vegetables, and the buffet on Christmas Night had everything you could possibly want. Nightly entertainment not really my type but its hard to please everyone especially at that time of year, small selection available!. Looking forward to returning for Christmas 2012

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 March 2012

Take the time to read through the reviews and also some of the photo's posted they are not a patch at all on what you are going to experience.
One review said take the extra 15/20 mins to Gorey take the advise that's what it's there for. Kids run riot all over the lobby and corridors till all hours even worse when they are on school breaks no wonder the staff are fed up. I have seen staff asking (after kids club which finished at 10pm) for children not to run around and misbehave but God help them they then get a mouthful from the parents as they are happy to drink away and expect staff to control there children. You go to your office or place off employment and try to work with kids running riot (I think you might not like it) and for the majority (as that's why you go) yep there your kids you can't control. You then have the cheek to go home and and put on a bad review. Don't get me wrong I am all for kids having a good time but not at the expense of other guests IT IS NOT THE HOTEL OR IT'S STAFF TO ENTERTAIN YOUR CHILDREN DO IT YOU SELF

Room Tip: Ask for clean front facing 300's
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank mro4su
Reviewed 27 February 2012

Had a night away with the missus here a few weeks ago. Overall quite nice - friendly helpful staff, good location within the town and good parking. We didnt use the swimming pool / leisure centre but it looks very nice. Found the room to be quite small though comfortable and nothing wrong with it. Bed was comfy and we got a peaceful nights sleep - always important in my opinion.

The real down-side was the food. After looking at the menu we opted for bar food which was OK but very overpriced. Gourmet prices for good, not great, food. Breakfast next morning was was pretty standard fare - good selection of options though. Shame about the negatives I mentioned but overall we enjoyed it and would return again. Next time though I think we'll go find a Restaurant in Arklow town for Dinner.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 February 2012

We booked a family weekend and were not disappointed. The facilities were very good. Staff were so helpful - there was a bit of a mix up with our room to begin with, but they worked hard to sort this out and then looked after us with free wine at dinner! Great spot if you have children - they will have plenty of company. The room was perfectly adequate - I can see there are some areas of the hotel more recently refurbished than others, but the bar and reception area are lovely. Entertainment was pretty good too. Very relaxing all round.

Room Tip: Maybe ask for a room in the main part of the hotel - they seem to be more recently refurbished.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 February 2012

Stay here once a year whilst attending an event in the area. Have eaten in the bar a few times and found it to be ok, if a tad expensive. Rooms have generally been ok. Did witness one resident complain about an odour in his room as I was checking in. The staff were most dismissive and unhelpful to him, but I did not experience this. I will stay here again only because of the convenience of the hotel for my requirements. I would not consider taking a break here.

• Stayed: November 2011