Lowest prices for your stay
Free cancellation until 03/02/23
Reserve now, pay at stay
PricelineUS$128
TravelocityUS$128
Orbitz.comUS$128
All reviews across the bridge wexford town trip home bottled water night porter next morning lovely food one night stay from start to finish fantastic hotel top class bar receptionist ireland starters corridor
Selected filters
Reviewed 31 October 2022 via mobile

Visited here over the weekend as My Wife and I were staying in the above Caravan Park, The Hotel was recommended to us by the staff of the Caravan Park.

Restaurant/ Bar, Friendliness needs to be improved on in here, Hardly a smile to be seen amongst all staff it’s sad to see for a “Family Oriented Hotel” as described to us.

Food was of poor quality and slow to come out pricing was more Dublin standards than Wexford. We both ordered Beef from the specials menu, When it arrived out eventually it was cold so we sent it back to be given back a new dish with the gravy burnt to the plate. The older Waitress who took our order didn’t come back over after we sent back the first portions maybe she didn’t want to chance our meals been sent back again, Same waitress we then overheard given out to another member of staff because a table didn’t tip her.. I didn’t either.

Left underwhelmed and disappointed.

Room tip: Take the walk across the bridge and try elsewhere.
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Peter B
Barry Browne, General Manager at Riverbank House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2022

Dear Peter

I'm very sorry to read that your recent experience with us here at the Riverbank left you underwhelmed and disappointed. As a course of practice we would always train our staff to check their table during our guests main course but even more so in a situation where a guest felt the need to return a product.

We have always prided ourselves on our friendliness and attention to detail however like any business we can never take our eye off the ball regardless of how busy we may be or regardless of what ever else is going on. I can only apologies and promise you that I will speak to my team and remind them of these fundamentals.

I thank you for taking the time to bring your experience to my attention

Kind regards

Reviewed 27 October 2022 via mobile

Once a great hotel, But over recent years has gone downhill rapidly.. Poor Management, Rude Staff Man with black shirt red tie and glasses needs to reevaluate his tone, We can hear what your saying about us when your giving out to staff about us.. Tired Decor, Horrid dirty toilets and entrance.. Sad Times for what once was a fantastic hotel. Bring back the staff that have left.

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Joan M

Dear Joan

I was very saddened to read your review and can but apologies for as you described "rude staff". We have always prided ourselves on our customer care and satisfaction and feel very disappointed that we have let you down on this occasion. This is something that I would never be happy with having spent years building a culture of respect and dignity throughout the hotel and a genuine belief that the customer is number one. over the coming days I will have a meeting with all floor staff and will personally bring your comments to their attention. I hope that going forward this is an experience neither you or any of our guests encounter

Kind Regards

Reviewed 24 October 2022 via mobile

Hotel is a nice 3star Hotel and is well situated close to Wexford Town.. The only gripe I had was that in the bar/restraunt everything ordered had vat added on even the pint of Guinness!...The explanation given by waitress was that their suppliers want the vat shown on every transaction!..

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Maurice

Thank you very much for taking the time to review us and apologies for any confusion regarding your bill. While it is true that all products inherently have VAT on them the VAT is not added onto the price it is rather broken down on the receipt which is a requirement on all goods and services. The prices on our menus are the actual prices charged while the prices on the receipts merely have a breakdown of the price less VAT and the amount of VAT charged. However i will liaise with the company who run our till system and see if the format in-which the receipts are printed can be amended to reflect this better

Thank you for your feed back and apologies for the confusion

Kind regards

Reviewed 16 October 2022

A hotel like something from the sixties in need on complete refurb. Dark dreary room with smelly carpets musty wardrobes and a general air of lack of maintenance. Until some money spent on upgrading avoid.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Paulmurran

Dear Mr Murran

I can but apologies for what seems to have been a very bad experience on your part. While it is true to say that The Riverbank is by no means a contemporary hotel with its genuine antiques throughout i am very sorry that you felt there was an air of lack of maintenance.
While this year a large investment was spent in the outdoor dinning area I'm fully aware that in October there would be no benefit to this for our guests, however I am happy to also say that a full renovation of the Bedrooms will begin this January which will see all bedrooms upgrade over the coming months. While I know this may not be of great consolation to you I would like you to know that we appreciate your feed back greatly and are en-devouring to remedy your above issues from new carpets throughout the rooms to upgrading lighting

Warmest regards

Reviewed 6 October 2022

The place was in a lovely setting with the bridge in the background, we did book the table for dinner for six when we got there we only had to wait for ten minutes which I did not mind , but the table we got was a very small one beside the bar it looked like it was just squashed there, it was a pity as the food was lovely with a lot on the plate with great flavour. But I think the table put me off going again as we did book and people who just arrived got a better one .