All reviews across the bridge open fire wexford town journey home night porter sunday lunch lovely hotel lovely touch booked this hotel large room next morning couldn't do enough food was lovely second to none main course car park great selection
Reviewed 3 November 2018 via mobile

This hotel is located just the other side of the bridge to wexford town. (A pleasant 5 minute walk). It's very welcoming with lovely planting and candles on entrance. Staff so friendly and helpful particularly Loretta on front desk couldn't have been nicer. There was an unusual smell in first room we were given so we asked to be moved and there was no problem with that. Rooms a little old fashioned and stuffy in decor but beds very comfortable with crisp white linen. Rooms nice and quiet at back of hotel. Shower was very weak pressure. Breakfast which was table service was really lovely and fresh. I'd really recommend this hotel for a stay in the beautiful wexford town. It would be a good base for a family too with the lswimming pool leisure centre next door and a small beach across the road.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Colm C, General Manager at Riverbank House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear MarygDublin_Ireland, Thank you for your recent review of the Riverbank House Hotel. It was very pleasing you read read and indeed informative, a couple of items we need to address but happy to learn from them.

Hopefully you will make it to visit again and a special thank you for mentioning Loretta, she was delighted to be mentioned.

Reviewed 25 October 2018 via mobile

Excellent hotel made feel very welcome compared to other hotels we stayed in. Makes a big difference staying at a place and made feel welcome, staff very friendly and helpful plus food was lovely. 100% recommend.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank teresaoreilly

Dear teresaoreilly, thank you for your recent review of the Riverbank House Hotel. I would like to say a big thank you, both I ad my colleagues are so very pleased you enjoyed your experience with us. Looking forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 8 October 2018

so lovely to be back at the Riverbank , its the little things , when you walk in from the car park there are big candles burning , your surrounding by amazing foliage you open the doors into reception and there is a real fire burning , your instantly feeling welcome , in my case its welcome back .. This hotel is just brimming with character and feel , the receptionist Loretta could not have been more friendly , the room is a joy the bed is so comfy , there is a cafetière with real coffee !!!!!!!!! i slept better than i have slept in months , the breakfast was amazing . If you want to visit Ireland and you happen across wexford there is no better place to stay in my opinion , here you will feel welcomed and when you leave if you really have to ! you will feel refreshed and rested .

Room tip: Ask for a big comfy bed !
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Don M
Colm C, General Manager at Riverbank House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2018

Dear Don M,

Thank you for your recent review of the Riverbank House Hotel. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and continue to do so. You have been very descriptive and appreciate very much the time it takes to put words in writing. In particular thank you for mentioning Loretta, she was delighted, as my head receptionist I would be lost with her as I would indeed be with all my colleagues. Please you like the bedroom coffee, I'm a coffee lover and pleased you appreciate it! Until the next time, all the best.

Reviewed 2 October 2018

We enjoyed our overnight stay at this historic hotel. The room was large enough for our needs and the property is well maintained. If we're ever in the area again, we would certainly stay at this property again. The adjoining restaurant was also very good and convenient.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Colm C, General Manager at Riverbank House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2018

Dear Bill S, thank you for your recent review of the Riverbank House Hotel. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and of course look forward should you be in Wexford again, to welcoming you back.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 18 September 2018 via mobile

We had an overnight stay with no prior booking. The meals were fantastic & the service was great & so friendly. The staff couldn’t do enough for us. Our hot breakfast was freshly prepared and delicious. As we checked out we were given free bottles of water & offered takeaway coffee or tea. I would recommend to all our friends. Thank you.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 31melindad
Colm C, General Manager at Riverbank House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2018

Dear Melinda D,

Thank you for your recent review of the Riverbank House Hotel. I am delighted you enjoyed the many aspects of your stay and in particular mentioning my colleagues, the hotel industry would traditionally be very transient and staff retention would be very difficult. The bulk of my colleagues, like myself, have been here since the Riverbank opened, almost 20 years ago, any who have joined since have stayed such is our love for the business and working relationship with each other. I am pleased you recognised this in your interactions with them and appreciative for saying so. Hopefully it won't be too long before you return. Thank you most sincerely again.