“Wonderful Place !”

Riverbank House Hotel
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Wexford
Reviewed 7 December 2016

Love this place!
First the staff are all wonderful and so accommodating,, It seems that nothing is to much bother.
It in not a corporate place and it shows in all the little details like open fires in the bars and reception,,, lovely old furniture, and candles around the place. On the outside the place is square and well just kind of square and blocky to be honest,,, but it is a different world inside,,, atriums and trees,, much attention has been given to exquisite wall coverings and well thought out soft lighting with views of the water beyond. The building is old and has been added onto over the years and has it's share of oddities like low water pressure but it is so comfortable you accept this as part of the charm.
To top it all beautiful light goose down duvets on the bed!
I am Wheat, Dairy, Soy intolerant and even the chief went the extra mile to make the food interesting which is service I have not received before. Somehow all the staff seem happy here in a quiet and demure way.
It is now just about my favourite hotel and I spend half my working week in hotels!

Room Tip: Just talk to the staff, they are wonderful!
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
3  Thank orrinoconnor
Colm C, General Manager at Riverbank House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2017

Dear orrinoconnor,

Thank you for your review of the Riverbank House Hotel. You truly have gone out of your way to write such a lovely descriptive review, thank you so much. You have captured our essence and have put them down in such a wonderful. It was our pleasure to look after you and hope you will of course stay with us again.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 29 November 2016

Just back from a 2 nite stay here with my sister. It is a really good hotel. Niamh at reception was so welcoming and friendly and even showed us to our rooms. It was a lovely personal touch. Staff were very friendly and rooms extremely comfortable and close to town. I will definitely be back to stay here in the future with my OH.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends

Dear Stephanie F,

Thank you for your review of the Riverbank House Hotel. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and Niamh look after you well! Looking forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 29 November 2016

I have never stayed here but have had several meals here the food was great, I have been at 2 weddings and 2 Christmas party's as well as having Sunday lunch there. The food has never been disapointing the restaurant is well laid out as is the events room.the staff are very helpful service quick and food was always hot.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Diane C,

Thank you for your review of the Riverbank House Hotel. I am delighted you have enjoyed your visits, it is a great testament to our various facilities we offer. Hopefully won't be too long before you're back to visit again?

Reviewed 17 November 2016

From the call I made to book the hotel to the moment I checked out, the warmth of welcome & service is as good as I have ever experienced in any Hotel I've stayed in
The level of professionalism from all staff including the receptionist, bar staff waiters was terrific without being over the top
The evening meal was excellent as was the breakfast
The room was spacious & well stocked with all I needed
the Wi-Fi was strong throughout the Hotel
Add in the perfect location it was 10 out 10 stay
They even gave me a bottle of water when I left for my Journey!!

Room Tip: they are all good
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank enda21

Dear enda21, thank you for your review of the Riverbank House Hotel. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and all the various aspects of our facilities. You are very good to write as know we all have very busy lives but your time is appreciated. Looking forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 9 November 2016 via mobile

Stayed there for two nights, lovely cosy hotel, not modern plastic, good wi fi, huge bed and very comfortable. The food there is excellent, only down was some renovation was going on and started around 08.30. Staff very friendly and helpful, will definitely stay there again when in wexford.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear eaagle, thank you for your review of the Riverbank House Hotel. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay but have to apologies for the early start on our refurbishment, a necessary evil but should not have started before 10am, apologies again. Hopefully you will enjoy your next visit all the more.

Thank you once again.

Colm Campbell

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wexford
3.8 km away
4.1 km away
Maldron Hotel Wexford
Maldron Hotel Wexford
#1 of 1 in Barntown

Been to Riverbank House Hotel? Share your experiences!