All reviewsacross the bridgeopen firewexford townjourney homenight porterlovely hotellovely touchnext morningbooked this hotelsunday lunchlarge roomcouldn't do enoughsecond to nonemain coursefrom start to finishbar foodcar park
Reviewed 4 September 2015

Visited here recently while on a midweek break as part of a group of eight. Very busy when we came in but we were put seated at a table within minutes. Staff could not have been more helpful or charming. All of were served very promptly and the food was just delicious, clear plates all round. Prices are very reasonable considering the fairly central location. If you have any energy left and feel like walking off the lovely food, its a nice step over the bridge and into the town centre where you can visit a host of good pubs. To round off a lovely night the hotel receptionist kindly presented us with Kinder eggs !!!

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 857liamd
Colm C, General Manager at Riverbank House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2015

Dear 857liamd, Thank you for your resent review of our little hotel. It was very pleasing to read that you enjoyed your visit.

Our food and service is the corner stone of our hotel and delighted to read that we continue to meet if not exceed guests expectations. I am very grateful you took the time to review us, we all have busy lives and appreciate very much you doing this for us.

Hopefully when next in Wexford you will visit us again?

Reviewed 1 September 2015

My daughter and I went for Sunday lunch, I'm gluten intolerant.The riverbank has a separate menu for gluten free.it was the best lunch I've had in a long, long time, absolutely delicious, served by amazing staff, nothing was too much trouble. I would highly recommend it

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank catherinecosgrave
Colm C, General Manager at Riverbank House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2015

Dear Tripadvisor reviewer, thank you for your recent review of the Riverbank House Hotel.

It is pleasing to know our Gluten free version of our a la carte menu is appreciated. Similarly we have the same view about vegetarianism, to provide menu options that you would enjoy going out for as opposed to something you could do any day at home yourself.

Your kind comments about my colleagues too were very nice of you to say, thank you.

Hopefully if visiting again you will say hello.

Reviewed 22 August 2015 via mobile

I cannot thank or recommend the riverbank house hotel highly enough. We were lucky enough to celebrate our wedding there last week. Their customer service and attention to detail were second to none. They were so helpful and friendly from the very first visit. The food was amazing as always. Both ourselves and our guests had the most wonderful day.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Majella K
Colm C, General Manager at Riverbank House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2015

Dear Majella, thank you for recent review of wedding experience at the Riverbank House Hotel.

It was our pleasure to look after you, we so rarely get reviews from Weddings, I particularly appreciate yours as you have experienced over a year of contact with us and just about every aspect of the hotel. You are truly qualified to review us and to have been given 5 stars makes me so proud of what we do.

May I wish both you all the very best and thank you once again.

Reviewed 18 August 2015 via mobile

Stayed here for just 1 night and loved every minute of it. Check in was quick and by a very friendly an welcoming staff member. We settled into our room which was a family room consisting of a huge superking bed and a single bed for our son. There was still loads of space in the room for our son to play with his toys. We went down to bar for food and we weren't disappointed. Again very friendly staff who were not put our by the presence of a 3 year old. The whole establishment is very family friendly which is sadly lacking in a lot of places. Food was superb in the bar. We all had a great nights sleep and had a lovely breakfast the next morning. Checked out and again was surprised by the friendly who even gave us 3 bottles of water for our car journey home. Very nice touch. We will be back again to the Riverbank house hotel in the future...

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Discsaber

Dear Discsaber, thank you for your recent review of the Riverbank House Hotel. Your kind words are very much appreciated and go a long way to helping us on even the busiest of days.

I do hope sincerely you will visit again, it would be our pleasure to welcome you.

Reviewed 18 August 2015

Lovely Hotel, beautiful garden entrance and very warm welcome. Both girls on reception were so friendly (Loretta and Moira I think, had a lovely chat in the morning and she gave us good advice on where to go, she was delightful). There was a function on going so the staff were really busy but nothing was too much trouble. The room was very tasteful with a huge firm bed which gave us a fantastic nights sleep. We had a wonderful meal of fish and chips from the bar and the breakfast was outstanding, the best we had all week and we had good ones all week too! It was the saute potatoes and white pudding that won it. All the staff were fantastic, genuine Irish hospitality at its best. I really liked the location, yes its across the bridge from the main town but I didn't mind the short walk and went for another around the headland, its a great place to watch the sun go down after an excellent meal and pint. I would not hesitate to stay again and will recommend to anyone. Wonderful experience for our first ever night in Ireland.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Duffster11

Dear Duffster11, thank you reviewing your recent stay at the Riverbank. You seem to have been a long way from home but am delighted we made your first nights stay in Ireland a pleasurable one. I appreciate very much you taking time to write this review, I'm sure it will be very helpful to other travelers

Hopefully when in Ireland again you will look us up and stay with us again?

General manager