Whitford House Hotel Health and Leisure Club
US$127
  • Pool
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$147/night.

Talbot Wexford(Wexford)(Great Value!)
US$103
US$100
Ferrycarrig Hotel(Ferrycarrig)
US$151
  • Breakfast included
US$197
Agoda.com
Riverbank House Hotel(Wexford)(Great Value!)
US$122
US$118
Priceline
TripAdvisor
All reviewsa family run hotelbar foodwexford townsuperior roomcarvery lunchleisure clubswimming poolthe ground floortop classchowderboth nightssteam roomlovely atmospherelovely hotelan overnight staysalmonmain restaurant
Reviewed 8 January 2017 via mobile

Visited here over the festive season. Was quite disappointed with the service & food. I didn't like to submit pics as it would not be fair . Whitford is usually much better.
I felt it was understaffed the day I visited and was extremely busy.
The waiter asked was the food ok as three of us barely touched it. I said it was fine as it was not that man's fault. They were doing their best to accommodate all.
I personally won't be visiting here over the Christmas period again.
It was also quite chilly. I left my jacket on.
Also noticed other diners did the same. There was people waiting for tables ,while others sat at tables for over an hour chatting when they had clearly finished there coffee,with not even as much as a glass of water in front of them.
Sorry but they should be asked to leave especially when people are waiting for tables.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
6  Thank Áine-Márie d
Whitford House H, Guest Relations Manager at Whitford House Hotel Health and Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2017

Thank you sincerely for your valuable feedback, we are delighted that you have treasured family memories of Whitford however, we are disappointed that you found the experience hectic over the Festive Season. We do our very best to accommodate all guests and would be reluctant to rush a guest but instead would prefer to explain table delays to later guests so that they may decide if they wish to wait or not we feel it is a more courteous and hospitable approach. Please be assured that no matter how busy we are that it is important that each and every guest enjoy their visit to Whitford and to fail even one guest is a disappointment for all our Team.

We thank you for your custom and look forward to serving you over the New Year. Wishing you a great 2017.

Your sincerely

Reviewed 4 January 2017

Well here I am again just having just come back from the Whitford house hotel a year later and little had changed thanks be to the god of hotels as this is a little treasure of a hotel, There have been sone cosmetic changes and the new reception area is looking fab friendly and comfortable. The welcome was friendly and helpful and just lovely people.
We were there for a couple of days to ring in the New Year and do they do it in style, the restaurant was fantastic the food amazing and the staff a delight, they know their stuff.
The leisure centre is indeed pleasant and very clean top marks here. the bar food on the standard days is again top notch and a great selection.
This hotel is the jewel in wexfords crown it a family run hotel and deservers full credit all round for the high standards they keep with such pleasant people.
I have one fault to lay bare and that is the duo that were the music performers on the night to ring in the new year, sorry guys nil points here, you go to such efforts to make the hotel look amazing for new years and the band let you down I did not know midnight was on the way until about 90 seconds to go, no build up no athmos and then gone not very Whitford house. PLEASE PLEASE LOOK AT THIS FOR NEXT YEAR. Happy 2017
from a big fan.

Room Tip: all good food is a star attraction
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Bill C
Eilsih W, Guest Relations Manager at Whitford House Hotel Health and Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2017

Thank you sincerely for choosing Whitford for your New Year’s Celebrations, we are delighted that it was an enjoyable and memorable experience for your party. We take note of your recommendation when ringing in the New Year and appreciate your feedback. Thank you for your high praise of our Team here at Whitford, we are very grateful of their hard work and commitment over a very busy period.

May we take this opportunity to wish you well for the New Year and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again during the course of the year ahead.

Reviewed 4 January 2017 via mobile

I stayed in Whitford House Hotel last May. It was a last minute treat that my partner had booked for us. I hadn't heard of it before and because it was last minute I didn't look up any reviews. Whitford House Hotel was a great find. The minute we entered the premises we were welcomed warmly. The room was outstanding. I had ordered a bottle of champagne for the room and it was waiting for us on entry (I've often done this in hotels that we are staying in and surprisingly not many remember to put the paid for bottle in the room). My partner went for a swim and complimented the pool stating that it was one of the nicest he'd swam in. We had dinner here and it couldn't be faulted either. All in all we shared a great experience here and will happily return in the not so distant future.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple

Thank you sincerely for your custom and your kindness in posting your recent review. It is important to us to make our guests feel welcome and that their individual requests are catered for. Attention to detail is critical in this business and we often use the old dressmakers saying ‘measure twice and cut once’ to ensure that all our guests wishes are met.

We look forward to meeting you in 2017 and wish you well for the year ahead.

Reviewed 3 January 2017

Myself, husband and two daughters stayed just after Christmas. The reception is gorgeous, newly decorated and welcoming with a fire. We had two rooms, one slightly bigger than the other but similarly decorated. Ours was huge, had tea and coffee making facilities and a lovely newly refurbished en-suite. The girls was slightly smaller, decorated similarly and the bathroom was nice but not quite as modern. The only thing I noticed was that some of the cabinet handles were hanging off the cupboards but this did not bother me so I didn't report it. The first night we ate in the bar, the food was mainly nice but I was disappointed by the vegan option - just rice with big lumps of peppers, pineapple and plums, I wasn't able to finish it. The breakfast room was lovely, we went down the first morning and perused the menu. We all decided we'd have the waffles but were really disappointed to learn that they weren't available that morning, nor would they consider making something similar like pancakes. We weren't interested in any other offerings just opted for toast and the continental breakfast. I heard other guests also complaining that the waffles weren't available. The second morning our waitress (same lady) immediately informed us that the waffles were on again (hurrah!) so we ordered them and they were gorgeous. I think more could be made of the breakfast. There was homemade brown bread available but it would have been lovely to have that as toast. Also not many pastries left if you come down after 9am and not much fruit. The pool was lovely, really warm and the Jacuzzi was nice, great facilities there. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: If I went back I'd just book one room for the whole family as the rooms were huge!
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family

Thank you sincerely for your lovely review, we are delighted that you enjoyed the special Christmas Season Celebrations with your family at Whitford. Thank you also for your constructive feedback, our maintenance team have sourced an alternate drawer handle and I am pleased to say it will be sorted today. While the Breakfast Buffet counter is replenished constantly throughout breakfast, please never hesitate to ask our Team for soda bread to be toasted or for particular preferences to be brought to our attention, our goal is to always meet and exceed all our guests dietary requirements.

May we wish you all the best for 2017 and hope to meet you again over the course of the year.

Reviewed 3 January 2017 via mobile

Stayed in the Whitford hotel last night & loved it. Such a warm welcoming hotel. Staff in all areas of the hotel were so friendly & accommodating. Nothing was too much trouble. Room was large & very elegant. The food was so tasty & very well presented too. I'd love to stay again in the future. Thank you to all the staff who made our stay so enjoyable.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you sincerely for your generous feedback. We are delighted that you enjoyed so many elements of your recent visit. As a small family business we are proud to provide great customer service to our guests, happy customers make our jobs worthwhile and rewarding so thank you once again for taking the time to send us your comments.

Wishing you and your family a great year ahead and hope to meet you again in 2017.