Whitford House Hotel Health and Leisure Club
US$157
  • Pool
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$141/night.

US$124
US$163
US$158
Talbot Wexford(Wexford)(Great Value!)
US$112
Travelocity
Savings alert! 56% below average rates

The price you found is 56% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$252/night.

US$128
US$122
US$118
Priceline
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$133/night.

All reviewsa family run hotelbar foodwexford townsuperior roomcarvery lunchleisure clubswimming poolthe ground floortop classchowderboth nightssteam roomlovely atmospherelovely hotelan overnight staysalmonmain restaurant
Reviewed 4 January 2017 via mobile

I stayed in Whitford House Hotel last May. It was a last minute treat that my partner had booked for us. I hadn't heard of it before and because it was last minute I didn't look up any reviews. Whitford House Hotel was a great find. The minute we entered the premises we were welcomed warmly. The room was outstanding. I had ordered a bottle of champagne for the room and it was waiting for us on entry (I've often done this in hotels that we are staying in and surprisingly not many remember to put the paid for bottle in the room). My partner went for a swim and complimented the pool stating that it was one of the nicest he'd swam in. We had dinner here and it couldn't be faulted either. All in all we shared a great experience here and will happily return in the not so distant future.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Eilsih W, Guest Relations Manager at Whitford House Hotel Health and Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2017

Thank you sincerely for your custom and your kindness in posting your recent review. It is important to us to make our guests feel welcome and that their individual requests are catered for. Attention to detail is critical in this business and we often use the old dressmakers saying ‘measure twice and cut once’ to ensure that all our guests wishes are met.

We look forward to meeting you in 2017 and wish you well for the year ahead.

Reviewed 3 January 2017

Myself, husband and two daughters stayed just after Christmas. The reception is gorgeous, newly decorated and welcoming with a fire. We had two rooms, one slightly bigger than the other but similarly decorated. Ours was huge, had tea and coffee making facilities and a lovely newly refurbished en-suite. The girls was slightly smaller, decorated similarly and the bathroom was nice but not quite as modern. The only thing I noticed was that some of the cabinet handles were hanging off the cupboards but this did not bother me so I didn't report it. The first night we ate in the bar, the food was mainly nice but I was disappointed by the vegan option - just rice with big lumps of peppers, pineapple and plums, I wasn't able to finish it. The breakfast room was lovely, we went down the first morning and perused the menu. We all decided we'd have the waffles but were really disappointed to learn that they weren't available that morning, nor would they consider making something similar like pancakes. We weren't interested in any other offerings just opted for toast and the continental breakfast. I heard other guests also complaining that the waffles weren't available. The second morning our waitress (same lady) immediately informed us that the waffles were on again (hurrah!) so we ordered them and they were gorgeous. I think more could be made of the breakfast. There was homemade brown bread available but it would have been lovely to have that as toast. Also not many pastries left if you come down after 9am and not much fruit. The pool was lovely, really warm and the Jacuzzi was nice, great facilities there. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: If I went back I'd just book one room for the whole family as the rooms were huge!
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family

Thank you sincerely for your lovely review, we are delighted that you enjoyed the special Christmas Season Celebrations with your family at Whitford. Thank you also for your constructive feedback, our maintenance team have sourced an alternate drawer handle and I am pleased to say it will be sorted today. While the Breakfast Buffet counter is replenished constantly throughout breakfast, please never hesitate to ask our Team for soda bread to be toasted or for particular preferences to be brought to our attention, our goal is to always meet and exceed all our guests dietary requirements.

May we wish you all the best for 2017 and hope to meet you again over the course of the year.

Reviewed 3 January 2017 via mobile

Stayed in the Whitford hotel last night & loved it. Such a warm welcoming hotel. Staff in all areas of the hotel were so friendly & accommodating. Nothing was too much trouble. Room was large & very elegant. The food was so tasty & very well presented too. I'd love to stay again in the future. Thank you to all the staff who made our stay so enjoyable.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you sincerely for your generous feedback. We are delighted that you enjoyed so many elements of your recent visit. As a small family business we are proud to provide great customer service to our guests, happy customers make our jobs worthwhile and rewarding so thank you once again for taking the time to send us your comments.

Wishing you and your family a great year ahead and hope to meet you again in 2017.

Reviewed 1 January 2017

Had a chicken and cheese grilled sandwich and a baked Alaska sweet. Great atmosphere food and service even though it was in the afternoon.

The restaurant was busy with the staff helping customers with seating etc. We will be revisiting in 2017.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends

Thank you sincerely for your kind comments, we are happy that you choose to visit Whitford over the Christmas Season and we look forward to welcoming you to Whitford in the New Year. Wishing you all the best for the New Year.

Reviewed 1 January 2017 via mobile

Can't here with family to use a voucher and had to have the crafty after seeing that it had been voted the best in Leinster.

I was disappointed, since it was very average. The dining star fur this place has to be the staff though. They are excellent.

There is also another restaurant in sir, that may only be open for dinner. I would love to try that place one day.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Birmingham79

Thank you sincerely for taking the time to post your recent review, we appreciate your valuable feedback as we have earned the prestigious Leinster Carvery of the year for two consecutive years we would welcome the opportunity to discuss your Carvery experience further. Please feel free to contact me on (055 9143444). We welcome constructive comments as it ultimately highlights areas where it is possible for us to improve on our already outstanding food and service. I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Wishing you and your family good health and happiness for 2017.