1,735 results
All reviews thermal suite terrace restaurant library bar tranquility spa underground parking coffee dock wexford town executive room central location lovely hotel hot food spa treatments bar food leisure centre great selection opera house saturday night
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

The Clayton Whites is a really nice hotel but it’s the staff that make the stay all the more enjoyable. From check in the staff were fantastic. The young fair haired barista lady was a treat to deal with, so welcoming and helpful.
The bar staff were really good too - however on one night I did ask for a glass of prosecco as I could see two opened bottles in the cooler. I handed over the money as I wanted to cover the cost of my colleagues order before he tried to pay. The bar man took a small bottle of prosecco from the cooler opened it, poured it. He the handed me my change.. Prosecco was €13.50! What the hell! I tasted it and realized it was extra dry-so I called over another young Barman and asked if I could change it for a glass of prosecco from the already opened bottle as I don’t drink extra dry. He said ‘sorry but we don’t give that out!’. Again What the hell! Glad I’m not much of a drinker! I took the bottle to my room where it remained full until I checked out. It would have been shameful to leave a drink that cost €13.50 on the bar untouched after what I’d just paid for it. But to be honest I was sooooooo annoyed. The other bar men were really nice when I came in for food and soft drinks over the next few days but I don’t think I would have stayed had the younger men that served me Tuesday night been there again.
The rooms were lovely - new carpets, clean and airy! Toilet could do with some bleach but that’s a minor detail. Really nice rooms!!
The gym was great. Wide range of machines and some classes too.
Could not find a bottle of water in the hotel as the vending machine wasn’t working.
Food - really good. Breakfast had a good choice from hot food to pastries, breads, fruit and cereal. I had turkey and ham at the carvery which was lovely and the desserts throughout the hotel were fabulous.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
clayton_whites_hotel, General Manager at Clayton Whites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I was happy to read you enjoyed your stay. I will look into the issue you mention regarding service in the Library Bar, thank you for bringing this to my attention. Hopefully we will see you back soon. Kind regards Joe O'Brien General Manager

Reviewed 5 April 2018

From the moment we called to reserve a room Jade couldn't of been more helpful, hotel spotless, gym could really do with a make over to make the hotel the Perfect place to stay. All the staff were so helpful Koralina in the library bar was excellent at her job made our experience there even better. Breakfast was excellent lots of choice, restaurant was booked out which is a very good sign. Laura check us out and was more than helpful regarding us rebooking our next stay.

Stayed: March 2018

Dear Mags,
Thank you for your kind review. I was delighted to see that you found Clayton Whites Hotel to be an ideal place to stay while in Wexford and were impressed with the location, facilities and food. I will be sure to pass on your positive comments to the team here. Hopefully we will see you back again soon and in the meantime, thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Just back from a 1 night stay with my family. Fab hotel. Friendly receptionist named Jade checked us in & was very chatty. We stayed in a family room which was spacious with a big tv. Toilet was small but shower was very powerful. Room got extremely warm during the night & we had to open the window. We ate in the Library bar & the food was gorgeous! The waitress was friendly. There was a good choice for breakfast. We would return again!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
clayton_whites_hotel, General Manager at Clayton Whites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Dear Niamh,

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Recently returned to the Clayton Whites Hotel for a two nights stay with my wife and have nothing but good things to say, the staff from reception to room service and restaurant went beyond the call of duty the rooms are spacious and comfortable with views to die for. Thank you all for a fantastic stay, we will be back.
T & M Lafford

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
clayton_whites_hotel, General Manager at Clayton Whites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Dear Anthony

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Stayed here for one night for the first time. Booked on-line and had no problems. Check in went smoothly but our rooms were not ready so we left our gear at reception. Girls went to the spa while my brother and I went out and about. Told reception would contact us when rooms were ready - did not happen - oh we forgot! Not good.
Room seemed small and in need of updating big time. Two single beds put together to make one. One might ask what is wrong with that? One was shorter than the other!! Space for fridge but none there. Carpet was burnt in 3 places as you walk into the room and worn in others. Having a shower in the wet-room, the drain did not work properly and only I noticed water on the move it would have flooded the bedroom!! I checked the book on the room and the Clayton Group claim this is a 4* hotel. NOT SO.
Food in bar was ok and took an age to arrive. When someone was asked to check on the order 20 mins after it was taken it took another 10 mins for food to arrive. Obviously the person who took the order had not handed it on and it was not sorted. Then the food ordered did not arrive. Again not what one expects from a 4* hotel. It was not that the place was hopping. It was quiet.
Breakfast was fine. Food could have been hotter to be honest. Area was cramped and no one seemed to be keeping an eye on food running out as it was so-called peak time for breakfast.
The staff in the breakfast room were attentive and friendly. They were open-eyed and anticipated our needs which is brilliant. Well done to all concerned. Impressed.
This hotel, though it looks good on the outside needs to be updated - carpets worn and torn, furniture damaged and in need of replacement, decor tired.
Come on Clayton Group - Wexford deserves better as do the great staff who work there.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Philip,
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I was happy to read you found our staff friendly. I will look into the issue you mention regarding your room, thank you for bringing this to my attention. Hopefully we will see you back soon. Kind regards Joe O'Brien General Manager