I attended a conference in the hotel recently and stayed over for a couple of nights while there. The hotel is clean and bright (although my bedroom was fairly blocked by light looking into the basement carpark). Beds are comfortable and the rooms are a good size. Reception staff are friendly and attentive.
A few niggles though:
1. There are very few plugs near the bed so charging your phone near the bed (to set an alarm) isn't very convenient, neither is it convenient if you want to use your laptop in bed. I phoned reception for an extension lead and they had none because they were being used by the conference. Considering the bedrooms seem to have been refurbished in recent years, I just don't understand why they wouldn't take the opportunity to add more plugs around the room. I know it's an additional expense but plugs are almost a basic necessity these days and if you make life inconvenient for your guests, they just won't be knocking down the door to come back.
2. I really like the bathroom wet-room design but I think it needed to be about 300mm bigger to allow the shower screen protect the bathroom from getting wet when showering. Fire restrictions at the room entrance probably didn't allow this but it is a pity because it could work much better.
Breakfast was good. I loved the fruit & yogurt options. Fry was usual standard (bear in mind scrambled eggs are done in the microwave, which I hate!)
I would come back but I would have to bring an extension lead!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The southeast is famous for the quality of its hotels, and no name stands out more than Clayton Whites Hotel. With a history dating back as far as the 18th century, the current hotel is a unique blend of tradition and modernity, whose modern facade and facilities serve as a gateway into luxury and style.Because of its size, its sumptuous banqueting and its unparalleled facilities, Clayton Whites Hotel has become a favourite venue for large events, from corporate functions to weddings. Facilities include 157 luxury bedrooms, suites or standard rooms which are newly refurbished and have walk-in showers, some of which have restricted views. Dining forms an important part of the offering at Clayton Whites Hotel, with wine and dine options available throughout the day from the Lobby Coffee Dock, the Library Bar or the Terrace Restaurant overlooking the hotel's courtyard. Fine food created with fresh, locally sourced ingredients and a pleasant ambience can be found throughout the dining areas of the hotel. The Tranquillity Spa, Leisure Centre and High Performance Centre exist to provide the ultimate in relaxation and wellbeing to guests. The Spa comprises of nine treatment rooms with over forty different treatments and a magnificent thermal suite. Treatments at Tranquillity also include manicures, pedicures, make up and hot towel shaves for the gentlemen. The hotel is a town centre location and is the ideal base for exploring historic Wexford town and the Sunny South East!At Clayton Whites Hotel, there is something for everyone! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Stayforlong S.L., 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Clayton Whites Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Whites Of Wexford Hotel Wexford
- Whites Hotel Wexford
- Wexford Hotel Whites
- Whites Wexford