1,751 results
All reviews thermal suite terrace restaurant library bar tranquility spa underground parking coffee dock wexford town executive room central location lovely hotel hot food spa treatments bar food leisure centre great selection opera house top class
Reviewed 24 October 2017

On a recent visit to Wexford myself and my partner decided to try this hotel for a bite to eat, it turned out to be a very good decision, the hotel itself was very nice we were met by very friendly staff in particular Denis who was friendly chatty and extremely helpful to us the food was delicious and I can't remember the last time I enjoyed a meal so much, the chocolate fondant and Jaffa cake ice cream is to die for, I will definitely be going back next time I'm there

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
clayton_whites_hotel, General Manager at Clayton Whites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review. I was delighted to see that you enjoyed your food. I will be sure to pass on your positive comments to the Denis here. Hopefully we will see you back again soon and in the meantime, thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 23 October 2017

Hotel was easy to find. Underground parking with access to the hotel. Make sure you only pay the hotel parking rate and not the standard rate. The hotel is undergoing refurbishment so some areas not accessible during our visit. The alternative arrangement worked well though. One hopes that the rooms are going to be refurbished as some areas were looking a bit tired. Dinner and Breakfast were both very good. Friendly staff throughout. No complaints at all.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am very pleased to hear that our staff made your stay pleasant. Do checkout our Facebook and Twitter pages for promos that you might be interested in. Looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

This is an excellent hotel, lovely food, good customer service. Excellent selection for breakfast. Spa is really worth a visit. The thermal suite is the best I’ve been to and would highly recommend it. They offer tea,coffee and fruit in the relaxation after your treatments. You can spend as long as you like there before leaving. The therapists are very professional and friendly. Will be definitely visiting again.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
clayton_whites_hotel, General Manager at Clayton Whites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2017

Dear Maria,

Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

My first tip is to book a room facing the sea, this is very picturesque for a city hotel.
Rooms and the hotel were very well maintained generally.
My one caveat, is that the VAST majority of guests appeared to be availing of a golden oldies-type package deal. While not a negative in and of itself, the presence of this many OAPs lends an unusual vibe to the hotel, and particularly the bar and restaurant. Think upscale retirement home. Like I said, not a bad thing, just something to be aware of if you are planning a romantic tête-a-tête.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I was happy to read you have enjoyed your stay. Hopefully we will see you back soon and in the meantime, thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed for one night as we were attending a gig in the speigeltent. Left early next morning to get home before hurricane Ophelia really kicked in.

Check in was easy, the girl was professional and nice. She explained to us that the car park could be paid for before we left in the morning. It was €4 which was fine, but I hadn't known in advance that it was a pay for parking.

The lift is so quick which is great, but it was hard to figure out which one to get for some floors....we got stuck on floor 4 and had to get out because even though we had swiped the key card etc it simply wouldn't go to floor 5.

Some areas of the hotel definitely need upgrading, especially some of the carpets which are worn. Our room on the 5th floor was standard, a bit dull, but fine. We overlooked the courtyard of the hotel. Tea/coffee making facilities available. The bed was very comfortable.

The bathroom was a bit cramped, and I thought the shower was quite small. Thankfully the shower was powerful, and there was no ugly shower curtain. The water did take ages to drain away though.

Breakfast next morning was average. Lots of choices though, from cereals, fruit and yoghurt, to a full cooked breakfast. I just didn't like some of the produce, but that I know is a personal choice.

While talking to a couple of ladies in the smoking room at 1.30am we discovered from them that they could not get served at the bar at that time. So I'm not sure what the story is with the residents bar ??

Overall, I would stay in this hotel again. I'm just not sure I could class it as a 4*. ... maybe 3.5*.....

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank norfab

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review, I was glad to read you enjoyed your stay and in particular the breakfast and the views from your room.

With regards the general decor, as you may know, our company purchased the hotel just over a year ago and we would acknowledge that it is in need of refurbishment. Accordingly we started a programme in the spring of last year where we refreshed 55 of our superior and executive bedrooms and we intend to do more this coming spring autumn with the public areas, the lobby, the bar and the restaurant.