1,763 results
All reviews thermal suite terrace restaurant library bar tranquility spa underground parking coffee dock wexford town executive room central location lovely hotel hot food spa treatments bar food leisure centre great selection opera house lovely view
Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

My partner and I have stayed in the hotel for 2 nights mid-August. The hotel room was pretty standard, furniture may need a little upgrade. We've had a lovely view on the sea, our room was pretty much quiet. We have had a dinner in the restaurant during the 1st night of our stay. The food and service was very good. We had to book a table as it was very busy. Even though the restaurant was packed, the service was good and fast. Cocktails in the bar weren't bad, but weren't the best. Bar food was okay. One thing I was a little disappointed with was the accommodation service. Our towels haven't been changed but folded and thrown back in the corner of the bathroom. We have also left a sign on the door saying "please do not disturb" supplied in the room, yet one of the ladies walked in anyways and walked out when she heard us. The bathroom may also need a little upgrade (the shower). Wasn't impressed but wasn't completely disappointed.

Date of stay: August 2017
3  Thank Voyager733607
clayton_whites_hotel, General Manager at Clayton Whites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I was happy to read you enjoyed you stay with us. I will look into the issue you mention regarding housekeeping, thank you for bringing this to my attention. Hopefully we will see you back soon. Kind regards Joe O'Brien General Manager

Reviewed 22 September 2017

Stayed two nights in this hotel as a group - upgraded our room at a cost of 30 Euro a night; for which we received..........an extra single bed??!! We were travelling as a couple??!! No water in the room! We paid 3.10 extra for thar privelage! After two nights we felt like we visited every night club and heard every busker in the area - the noise was that bad (room 511). The breakfast - I looked but didn't touch - looked dried up and unappetising. The chairs in the bar were stained some even had ripped upholstery, there was one which had a vile smell, the Capet was stained and disgusting. I would have complained when checking out but not once was I asked "how was your stay" - staff were not too friendly!!

Room tip: Room 511 was noisy
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Paula M

Dear Paula,

Firstly I would like to thank you for taking the time to advise of your recent stay at Clayton Whites Hotel. It is only through feedback such as yours that we are able to maintain and indeed, where necessary, improve upon the service that we provide to our valued guests. I was very disappointed to read of your experience during your stay with us. Whilst an apology will regrettably not alter the outcome of your experience on this occasion, I do extend it with all sincerity. I certainly empathise regarding the points mention in your review, especially the problem you experienced in your room and the poor service you received as a result. This is level of service is certainly not acceptable and will be addressed with the concerned party.

Hopefully we will see you back and in the meantime, thank you again for your feedback. Kind regards, Joe O'Brien General Manager

Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

Have just enjoyed a 3 day break in this hotel. The Hotel is ideally situated in the town of Wexford close to shops etc.
The Hotel itself is excellent with amazing friendly staff. Our breakfasts and evening dinners in the Dining room were so tasty and the Staff here were really excellent.
The bedroom was clean and comfortable and a good size. Carpet on some of the corridors could do with replacing or cleaning but this did not take anything away from our enjoyable stay here.
The staff in this hotel are really excellent especially the Dining room staff. Can't wait to make a return visit

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
clayton_whites_hotel, General Manager at Clayton Whites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am very pleased to hear that our staff made your stay pleasant. Do checkout our Facebook and Twitter pages for promos that you might be interested in. Looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Joe O'Brien

Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

75e for the night . Was on a Sunday. Roast carvery was ok cost nearly 19e for full.and half carvery . Partner got bottle of kopperberg 6.50!!!!!! You're having a laugh you wouldn't pay that in Dublin ! . Plus youve to pay a discounted charge for using there car park ???? Room had an ashtray in it and carpet had burn holes and was filthy . Also one pillows had something on it . Very disappointed I expected a lot more from a clayton hotel .I don't usually put up.nrgatibe reviews but had to . Will not be returning.

1  Thank Gargo121

Dear Mark,

Thanks for taking the time to give your feedback. I'm sorry to hear the rooms weren't up to the standard you've come to expect from us. I have personally addressed this with our housekeeping staff to ensure this won't happen again.
With relation to car parking, while we would love to offer this complimentary to residents, the cost of providing such a large and convenient facility are high, and we pay the highest commercial rates in Co.Wexford. While some hotels incorporate the car parking cost into their room prices, as we have a large proportion of guests who travel to the hotel by public transport, we made the decision to have a small separate car parking charge for those who use it. We kept this to a minimum with a charge of €4 per day for hotel residents.

Kind regards, Joe O'Brien General Manager

Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

My last visit to Wexford town was in the mid 70's and there was a nice hotel in the town Whites Hotel. Nowadays it's Clayton Whites and it's huge hotel visible from the bridge as you enter the town. The town appears to be booming with loads of premium brand dealerships on the road into the town.
The hotel is elegant and comfortable. They serve bar food and prices are reasonable and there is a wide choice including good value tasty steaks. It looks like a lovely place to stay if you are visiting historical Wexford. I must return for a weekend.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I was happy to read you enjoyed our bar food.
Kind regards