“Comfortable stay”

Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Wexford
Dublin, Ireland
“Comfortable stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2012

This hotel is beautiful and its also quiet so you can unwind and relax have a few cocktails in the bar or enjoy a nice meal in the restraint...the rooms were very nice very well kept the bed was rely comfy the location is perfect for shopping and nightlife the staff were very pleasant you also have free access to the leisure center the meal was very nice i ordered the steak cooked on lava rock not relisen i had to cook it my self so i sent it back to the kitchen and the chef cooked it for me i stayed 3 nights in this hotel and relly enjoyed every min of it...i will be returning in august

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
WhitesofWexford, Manager at Clayton Whites Hotel, responded to this review, 12 March 2012
Dear Lynn R,

Many thanks for your recent review of our hotel here at Whites of Wexford. We appreciate you taking the time to leave your thoughts on your experience.
I am delighted to read that you enjoyed the cocktails in the Library Bar, the Hot Rock steak is not for everyone; at least our chefs cooked it to your liking instead of you cooking for yourself!
Hopefully we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (295)
  • Polish first
IRELAND
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2012

I stayed in whites hotel last weekend and enjoyed it very much. We were upgraded on arrival
and had dinner on sat night which was excellent. There was a great buzz about the place. The staff were very helpful and friendly. I would highly recommend Whites hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
WhitesofWexford, Manager at Clayton Whites Hotel, responded to this review, 10 March 2012
Dear THERESE3,

Thank you very much for your review of our hotel here at Whites of Wexford. I am very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay particularly the staff, Terrace Restaurant & the atmosphere.
We look forward to your next stay and wish you well until then.

Killarney, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2012

My partner and I had been staying in the Talbot hotel and decided to try the bar food in Whites as we had heard it was good. The library bar was busy on arrival and staff were friendly. My partner chose the fillet steak cooked on stone at the table while I opted for the fish and chips. How can one get fish and chips wrong I ask but the fish was soggy and not crisp nor tasty. In my opinion it was nooked in a microwave. As for my partner, she chose more wisely and enjoyed her meal. I would return and would possibly like to stay in the Hotel if we ever do go back to Wexford. It was most likely a bad choice on my part. I didn't complain either and (SHE) said partner says there is no point in complaining to her!! Guess she is correct!!!

Room Tip: Re bar food, if not satisfied let them know!!! That way they have an oppertunity to fix things!!! Mi...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
WhitesofWexford, Manager at Clayton Whites Hotel, responded to this review, 7 March 2012
Dear Totallyrelaxaed,

Thank you for taking the time to review you meal in our bar recently. I am sorry to read that you did not enjoy the fish, I would advise you in future that you should have mentioned it to one of our staff and we could have changed it or offered you an alternative dish. We always try our best to ensure each and every guest leaves the hotel happy and satisfied. On a positive note I am glad to read your partner enjoyed the Hot Rock Fillet Steak.
We hope you will not let this incident deter you from returning to our hotel, we do hope to welcome you back should you choose to stay in Wexford in the future.

Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2012

usually with a deal for the over 55's the hotel menu is a set one for the evening meal. White's hotel allows the visitor to select from the menu that an ordinary punter can avail of.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Frances Q
Cork, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2012

I stayed in Whites for 3 nights. It is a great hotel, great location and lovely bar/foyer/reception area. Bedrooms are very comfortable, air conditioning works well. We didnt eat in the hotal as there is super restaurants nearby but we had breakfast each morning. Breakfast was good, lovely pastries, cereals and fresh fruit but the hot breakfasts were a little disappointing, the food didnt seem to be great quality and it was cooked along time before eating, a hard balance to get right in a big hotel I know. Staff were very helpful, I had problems with a hairdryer and they brought me a proper hairdryer for me to use. It was very busy while we were there so obviously is popular. Overall a very good hotel... Very good swimming pool too...

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
WhitesofWexford, Manager at Clayton Whites Hotel, responded to this review, 2 March 2012
Dear hanbobjul,

Many thanks for your recent review, we appreciate you taking the time to review us here at Whites of Wexford. Glad to read that you enjoyed your stay, I will have our Head Chef review our hot breakfast offering, we hope to welcome you back soon.

Hotel Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wexford
0.7 km away
Maldron Hotel Wexford
#1 of 1 in Barntown
18.8 km away
The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club

Been to Clayton Whites Hotel? Share your experiences!