“Night away with girls”

Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Wexford
Western Ireland, Ireland
“Night away with girls”
Reviewed 15 January 2012

I couldn't agree more with the comment made about the supervisior in the spa . She wasnt the most helpful and friendly and didnt seem to like her job much at all. Myself and two friends went for some treatment to the spa and when i asked her about robes and slippers to change into (such a simple request i thought) .I was informed that we didnt get any when i said that I had asked at the reception when we were checking ,was there ropes and slippers in the room to change into before the spa and she informed us we would get them down there . Just because we didn use the termal suites does that mean we shouldnt get them? .So I was surprised when i reached the spa that we were told we couldnt get them . I have to say it ruined the SPA experience we couldnt relax properly in our clothes in the relaxation room even with the hot choc, especially after such lovely treatments( hats off to the girls by the way) . There was a few small problems that didnt have to take place if the staff were a bit more efficent such as We booked a triple room but there was only enough towels for two of us . After two calls i got that sorted but only when i saw a women cleaning another room and asks her . Also we were suppose to get a box of chocolate in our room. That didnt happen. We checking out i had to ask for them . Then at the restaurant ,they couldnt find the booking which i had rang and confirmed earlier on in the week and also when we were checking in that day + they then said it wasnt included in the package . They had to ring reception to confirm that it was . Then when i was leaving and signing for the drinks they had charged me for the dinner. COME ON PEOPLE get it right such small things especially for a four star hotel . On a good note though the food was lovely. I really liked Wexford and would return but not to this hotel .

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank L B
WhitesofWexford, Manager at Clayton Whites Hotel, responded to this review, 5 February 2012
Dear L B,

Thank you for your review of our hotel regarding your last visit with us.

I apologies if you did not find everything to your liking, I can assure you that your points will be discussed at the weekly management meeting to ensure this does not happen again.

On a positive note I am glad you enjoyed the food in hotel, perhaps you would send me an email to paulmernagh@whitesofwexford.ie with your contact details so that I can call you to discuss your stay.

Hopefully we can turn your previous stay around and prove to you that we are better than your previous experience.

Warm Regards,
Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (300)
  • Polish first
Kilkenny, Ireland
Reviewed 10 January 2012

Just finishing off a short winter break at Whites.
Reception, bar and rerstaurant staff all first class. Rooms big and very clean. Food well up to standard, both breakfast and dinner.
Only one bad point:
The supervisor (British accent) in swimming leaves a lot to be desired. Someone who doesn't like her job and seems to consider any query a burden.
The jacuzzi wasn't working, she came down and said "Someone (looking at me) must have turned it off."
I''ll let that one go, but next incident was morw bizarre.
After my swim I showered and changed. Went back to dressing room and my bag with socks and underwear was gone. Told reception and response was "The man on crutches probably took it by mistake and will probably bring it back tomorrow."
My wife enquired again later and described the bag, which was brought back from a trip to Malaga.
Follwing morning the bag was returned: "Your wife said Malaga was written on it, that's why we couldn't find it."
My wife asked had it been recorded in Lost Property: "No"
The motto all along with this person seems to be to blame someone else. Definitely not suited to a front of house role.
That won't stop me giving an overall 5 stars as everything else was top class.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank hotdrop
WhitesofWexford, Manager at Clayton Whites Hotel, responded to this review, 12 January 2012
Dear hotdrop,

Thank you very much for your recent review of your stay with us here at Whites of Wexford.

Thank you for your positive comments, I apologise for the incident in the Leisure Centre; I will speak to the member of staff you dealt with and can assure you it will not happen again.

I am delighted that you did not let this incident deter you from enjoying the rest of your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Best Regards,
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 9 January 2012

Myself and my wife stayed here recently. the hotel is a 4 star hotel but it is not really standing up to this level of quality. the customer service is bad, the retaurant staff are rude and the food is awful. Stay at the Talbot down the road, they are far better with the customer service and this is where I will stay in wexford from now on.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank David w
Dear David w,

I am disappointed to read that you did not enjoy your stay with us recently. I would be very interested to discuss any incidents that led you to giving us such a poor review.

Could you please contact me by email at paulmernagh@whitesofwexford.ie with your relevant grievances as I would like to resolve them for you.

I look forward to your reply and thank you for your feedback.

Regards,
Carlow, Ireland
Reviewed 7 January 2012

I recently spent a girly weekend in Whites (not the first or last I might add) and found myself really enjoying the experience and ambiance the hotel had to offer. No request was too big or small for any of the staff and was dealt with quickly and with a friendly smile.

The hotel is located right in the centre of town so we could do some shopping and was close enough to the nightlife of Wexford that we could enjoy some of the lively pubs. There is an abundance of amenities within the hotel but my favourites were the café and the spa.

The cafe in the lobby, which serves delicious coffee ideal for enjoying with one of their wide variety of pastries while taking some time out to catch up friends.

The icing on the cake for me was a pampering hour spent in the thermal suite which made up my mind that I will definitely be returning here again!!!!!

One teeny tiny criticism as regards the spa would be… the towels and bath robes although they were spotlessly clean have really seen better days, they were rough and a well worn and could really do with being replaced with soft and fluffy ones. That said I will still be in the thermal suite on my next visit as the staff are extremely warm and friendly.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
Dear chloefufu,

Many thanks for the lovely review you left regarding your latest stay with us here at Whites of Wexford.

We really appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback especially your points regarding the Coffee Dock and Thermal Suite in the Tranquillity Spa.

Hopefully it will not be long before we get the opportunity to welcome you all back to Wexford and can spoil you a little more!

Your sincerely,
uk
Reviewed 7 January 2012

A very nice hotel. Nice design, decor, and amenities. Our room was spacious, comfortable, and with excellent blackout curtains - we overslept until 9.30 as not a bit of light got in and we assumed it was still dark! Food is good without being exceptional. The health centre/swimming pool is superb. The outside courtyard must be delightful in summer. Nice (and unusual) that all the staff are locals. Only criticism is that the bar is rather gloomy and I was driven out by "The X Factor" being played full blast on the TV screens. I'd happily stay again.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Dear Shropshireladd,

Thank you for your recent review of us during your stay in December.

We appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback; it's nice to read that you had a nice time and enjoyed the Leisure Centre and Courtyard.

Unfortunately for you we had a number of guests who requested to see the X Factor, it seems to be taking over the television channels on Saturdays.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Wexford in the near future; hopefully it will be in the summer so you can experience the delights of the Courtyard.

Regards,
Hotel Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wexford
0.7 km away
Maldron Hotel Wexford
#1 of 1 in Barntown
18.8 km away
The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club

Been to Clayton Whites Hotel? Share your experiences!