“Roadrunner”

Cushens Pub and Restaurant
Ranked #57 of 158 Restaurants in Wexford
Cuisines: Irish
Reviewed 9 April 2018

You can easily shoot past this place. It’s 5 minutes from the ferry port, but if, like us, you are staying overnight in the area to catch the early boat, definitely give this place a visit. First and foremost, it’s a pub. Separate bar and lounge. Lounge had a warming fire going. But it does a fair selection of bar meals. Not a massive menu, which to me is a good sign. But enough choice to tempt most diners. I had one of the most tasty, succulent chicken dishes I think I’ve ever had. If you like your chips thick and chunky, this place is for you. Cut with an axe. They were great. All 4 meals we had were hearty, filling and warming. Just what you want on a chilly day after a long day on the road. Mary was working both bar areas, plus the food from the kitchens and she did a great job. Welcoming, helpful and efficient.

Definitely worth a stop over. It isn’t classic dining but if you want tasty, hearty food in a traditional pub with a warm welcome, then don’t go any further. This place is for you.

1  Thank RichTetbury

Reviewed 9 January 2018

We were on our journey towards our daughter's home in the Ring of Kerry area and we had just got off the ferry. The weather when we arrived was dreadful, windy, rainy and cold. It was quite a trek to Cushens from the nearby camping site where we had parked our motorhome. We had previously `googled' Cushens regarding reviews and food and felt reassured that we could have a meal there.

By the time we had arrived at the Bar we were pleased to see a whacking great sign saying `Food Served' displayed outside. I would like to point out that we arrived at a time when it is reasonable to expect food to be served, it was not terribly late and having mobility problems I was looking forward to and anticipating our first ever meal in Ireland.

When we entered the bar there was not a smile in the place from any of the visible staff. When someone finally came to the bar to take our order and we ascertained if we could order food, we were told by a lady who was not welcoming at all and who had all the customer service panache of a peapod, that there was not any food.

Suffice to say we had our drinks if only to warm up and for me to be able to sit down as by then I was in considerable discomfort both physically and psychologically. I have come across this type of attitude before and it is most unacceptable especially as business is business and it should not matter where any potential customer might come from ...

Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

Visited recently while in rosslare, our hotel was packed so we drove back the 6km to cushens for food. Good menu, nice food, reasonable prices and nice staff.

Reviewed 17 April 2017 via mobile

Found Cushen's Bar while staying locally. Really friendly bar maid who gave first class service although she was rushed off her feet and on own serving drinks, food, and clearing tables.
Had Chicken Schnitzel with tagliatelle. Very nice.

Reviewed 16 October 2016

We stayed overnight at this lab, which allows motorhomes to stay with permission of the owner. As others have reported, the food is great. The menu isn't huge, but the portions certainly are. Bacon ribs was a new one for me, and they were delicious. My partner had the sausages, and they were also great. The staff are very friendly and it has a nice laid back feel. We felt very welcome.

1  Thank pandalf