“great place to grab a bite on the Hook Peninsula”

Templars Inn Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 161 Restaurants in Wexford
Price range: US$5 - US$23
Cuisines: Irish, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Templars Inn is an historic pub restaurant in the scenic area of Hook Head in Co. Wexford. Specialising in fresh seafood dishes, we offer panoramic sea views while you tuck into our famous seafood chowder or locally caught crab claws.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We were returning from the Hook Lighthouse and saw this restaurant. Decided to give it a try. It was excellent. View from our table was lovely; service very good; nice atmosphere; friendly folks. I had a vegetarian burger and my husband had the fish and chips. Generous portions and great flavor.There was a family there with grandparents and the barman gave the little girl a lollipop. I thought that was sweet. Highly recommend

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Lovely place , and best staff , my gf can’t eat gluten so we were surprise to find out gf good is available

I love the look of this place 100 percent recommend

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Ok the basics first. Easy to find on the Duncannon - Hook road... on the left travelling South just opposite a Templar's church. That is interesting enough but it gets better. The view across the sea and coastline is stunning and if you can get there at sunset... well worth a picture.
Plenty or parking, clean toilets, well spaced table and seating arrangements that can easily accommodate a wheelchair users needs.
It was nice and warm with a welcoming feeling.
The menu is not extensive but really great quality with offerings for meat, fish and vegetarians. They do not overstretch themselves and this is a positive thing. What they do they seem to do very well. Our meals were well presented, delivered hot on hot plates (I have a thing about this).
Looking sideways to the table next to us... the mountain of mussels looked very appetizing and attracted a few gasps as to the portion size.
We had the Beer battered haddock (two large fillets with rough cut chips) and Scampi... very generous portions. This was followed by sticky toffee pudding and bread & butter pudding. Beautifully presented and well served.
We would recommend the Templars Inn Restaurant for so many positive reasons.

Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

Bit disappointing on initial arrival, not what I expected inside, a bit bland in decor, but staff very friendly & chatty, had typical Sunday dish, roast beef, really tasty, just like you’d make at home, sticky toffee pudding perfect if like me a really sweet tooth, apple crumble great, presentation of this I really liked

Reviewed 3 October 2018

Over the years we have eaten here on a regular basis, it is now better than ever before. Service is good, there is a wide choice of food and everything we have ordered is of a high quality. Perfect for families and always lots of children about.

One of the best places to eat in the area.