“The best”

Wild and Native Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 13 Restaurants in Rosslare
Price range: US$5 - US$40
Description: The head chef Fergal Dempsey has worked in The Shelbourne and The Morrison and also set up Le Bon Crubeen in Dublin to name but a few. We pride ourselves on using locally sourced and chemical free produce. We only serve the freshest of fish so come in and check it out. Vegetarian, vegan and other dietary requirements are catered for.
Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

We've had a lovely time, the staff made us feel more than welcome, the food was fantastic, the wine was exceptional. Perfect place

Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

A Saturday in Mid September 2018 - a family gather to reconnect and enjoy a bite to eat at Rosslare Strand. Talk soon turns to the food with oohs and aahs and silence as the group savour the opening course. Mussels were presented simply allowed to shine with their fresh no fuss flavour. The soup got ridiculous press and seemed to generate A new interest in the often forgotten safe bet dish. It was light and fragrant packed with fresh herbs and seasonal veg. Mains sailed to the Sea with Plaice a plenty looking plump and ripe and inviting. The Hake was so fresh it could have stood alone but the balance was surpassed with a buerre blanc - nutty and acidic from an expert hand. Jodie is literally the most charming host and her hubby was a wizard with a bubbling cauldron of mouthwatering magic cast with his team. 100% no less

1  Thank Nuknuk67
Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed our evening at Wild and Native, the restaurant is lovely and the staff very welcoming. We ordered wine, the pinot grigio was lovely and not a bad price at €25. The food was nice, we had lovely brown bread to begin then very nice starters which was the mussels and crab claws.... but I felt the mains were a bit overpriced at €28.50 each for plaice with a bit of crab meat and monkfish with two small scallops although the vegetables that came with it was very nice. The service was good but a bit too fast, maybe that is a good thing but I did not feel I could relax between courses. I would recommend for sure and has not put me off coming back though.

1  Thank lollyb73
Reviewed 5 September 2018

I come here each August. There were 11 of us. I had absolutely lovely crab to start and then bream with a tomato concasse. The wine list contains some hidden gems. All 11 of us were really pleased. If you like wine budget 75 per head. otherwise about 60. the staff were excellent.

Reviewed 5 September 2018

I can't recommend Wild & Native Seafood Restaurant enough! Fabulous food, amazing staff, wonderful head chef (owner) that is extremely passionate about his food and fresh local ingredients. My hake was cooked to perfection. My husband doesn't eat fish so he opted for the chicken and I have to say neither of us have never tasted such delicious chicken - it makes me wonder what type of chicken we are normally eating from the supermarkets! Thanks for a very memorable evening to all in Wild & Native who work so hard and it shows :-)