“Quite Nice but pricey!”

Wild and Native Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 13 Restaurants in Rosslare
Price range: US$5 - US$40
Description: The head chef Fergal Dempsey has worked in The Shelbourne and The Morrison and also set up Le Bon Crubeen in Dublin to name but a few. We pride ourselves on using locally sourced and chemical free produce. We only serve the freshest of fish so come in and check it out. Vegetarian, vegan and other dietary requirements are catered for.
Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed our evening at Wild and Native, the restaurant is lovely and the staff very welcoming. We ordered wine, the pinot grigio was lovely and not a bad price at €25. The food was nice, we had lovely brown bread to begin then very nice starters which was the mussels and crab claws.... but I felt the mains were a bit overpriced at €28.50 each for plaice with a bit of crab meat and monkfish with two small scallops although the vegetables that came with it was very nice. The service was good but a bit too fast, maybe that is a good thing but I did not feel I could relax between courses. I would recommend for sure and has not put me off coming back though.

Date of visit: September 2018
1  Thank lollyb73

Reviewed 5 September 2018

I come here each August. There were 11 of us. I had absolutely lovely crab to start and then bream with a tomato concasse. The wine list contains some hidden gems. All 11 of us were really pleased. If you like wine budget 75 per head. otherwise about 60. the staff were excellent.

Reviewed 5 September 2018

I can't recommend Wild & Native Seafood Restaurant enough! Fabulous food, amazing staff, wonderful head chef (owner) that is extremely passionate about his food and fresh local ingredients. My hake was cooked to perfection. My husband doesn't eat fish so he opted for the chicken and I have to say neither of us have never tasted such delicious chicken - it makes me wonder what type of chicken we are normally eating from the supermarkets! Thanks for a very memorable evening to all in Wild & Native who work so hard and it shows :-)

Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

As always an unbelievable feast. We had not booked so we took a chance. They were fully booked, of course, but made space for us and, oh my lord were they accommodating. I'm off the sauce at the mo and there was a fan selection of non-alcoholic drinks, I went for the non-alcoholic Prosecco, mmmm yummy yummy fiz fiz fiz. My wife had the Picpul du Pinet. She was in heaven. An awesome selection on the kids menu. And wait for lads, they had fresh Ray wing on the very reasonable priced 3 course. I tell you, the best Ray I've ever had, finished off with a muscle emulsion. I highly advise you go and fill up on the best cuisine around ASAP, soon you won't be able to as they will be booked out solid.

Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

It isn't easy to please four foodies, especially if two are under the age of nine. The cuisine we we enjoyed in the friendly and casual atmosphere of Wild and Native, Rosslare, ranks amongst the finest in Wexford. This afternoon, we experienced fantastic service, fine wine and delicious seafood and we cannot recommend enough. The menu was varied and the dishes were expertly cooked. The whole family enjoyed! Five stars!!!