All reviews tea and coffee basic hotel continental breakfast next morning don't expect luxury budget price bath and shower what it says on the tin quick stop morning ferry one night early ferry plenty of parking good size nearest pub few minutes drive catching the ferry
Reviewed 12 April 2018

A very underestimated hotel, very clean,good breakfast with plenty of choices, well trained,enthusiastic and kind staff who really believe in their hotel,great place. I stayed here with my husband after arriving on the ferry from UK,stayed overnight at Tge Rosslare Port Lodge,so pleased we did,it was an enjoyable break before we journeyed on home the next day.

Room Tip: All rooms are good
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 April 2018

Stay here when ever we go to Ireland and have to catch the morning ferry back. Clean quiet tidy rooms sensible price with a continental breakfast. A few minutes drive down to the ferry terminal a couple of places around to get a meal in the evening

Stayed: September 2017
Reviewed 27 October 2017

If you want a comfortable bed for the night at a bargain price - this is your place. Free wifi is so useful but an electric socket near the bed would have been handy. For an overnight stop en route to the ferry and a very quiet and peaceful sleep - look no further. The room was basic but functional and someone had taken the trouble to switch the electric heater on before I arrived so the room was warm. Sadly, I had to spend the first 15 minutes pf my stay flushing the lavatory to get rid of a deposit left by a previous guest. Despite 8 good flushes it still lurked in the pan but flush number 9 did the trick. In a hotel with very minimal on site staff it is important that rooms are properly checked by the cleaning staff. On this occasion, it was not a real problem because I am practical and, of necessity, I managed to solve it myself.

Room Tip: Please stop tucking so much of the duvet in at the bottom of the bed - I like my top half covered.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Sue B
Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

Stayed in this hotel on the 13 August its very gud value for money was catching the early ferry to uk for a few day and its so close and nice and clean the person that checked us in was really nice and friendly would deff stay here again does what it says on the tin basicly :)

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 August 2017

Just back from a 3 night stay in this lovely hotel. I booked over the phone as I wasn't able to do online as it was more than one night. Jonathan was very helpful over the phone and explained that the hotel is quite basic as most guests only stay the one night before catching the early ferry. This suited us fine as we were intending on doing the day trip to Oakwood the second day. If you aren't travelling by car and coming on public transport the location of the hotel is excellent, there is a bus stop just across the road. There is also a SuperValu supermarket, cafe, post office, hairdressers and chemist across the road aswell. Come out the door and you will walk to them in 2 minutes. There is also a garage a bit further on but still in walking distance. (Thanks for the advice on the black pudding roll from the garage Jonathan it was lovely). We were able to walk to the ferry port the morning we were going and walked back again that night at 4am so it is ideal for getting to the port. We went for a walk down to the ferryport and came across a lovely beach Iocated beside it. You wouldn't realise it was there and it was a really nice secluded beach. I thought we wouldn't get to the beach as the strand is a few miles away but this was an unexpected surprise. We checked in just before 4 as this is checkin in time. We had a great welcome from Jonathan, you pay on arrival and this means there is no delay upon checkout. The room (32) was very clean and tidy. The bathroom was a good size and clean too. There is tea and coffee facilities in the room. There is also complimentary tea/coffee and biscuits available in the downstairs tv lounge all day too. Breakfast was fine at that hour of the morning it was loads. There isn't a hot breakfast but there is cereal, tea/coffee, toast, brown bread, waffles, cheese, yogurt, jams, juices and fruit. We weren't in the hotel loads especially as we were away all day and night Wednesday so the room didn't need cleaning. I asked the girl cleaning the rooms on the Thursday for some clean towels and toiletries. She was very helpful and was going to bring them up to the room but she had enough to be doing. I brought her down the rubbish and dirty towels and she gave me the clean ones. Everywhere in the hotel was clean and tidy. We were leaving on Friday morning and just had to leave our keys at the desk. There is free wifi and the tv also has a good few channels. An excellent location, clean rooms with very competitive rates. You can't ask for anything else. Very friendly and helpful staff. I highly recommend this property.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family