“Absolutely fab”

The City Arms Gastro Bar
Ranked #66 of 189 Restaurants in Waterford
Reviewed 14 November 2017 via mobile

Myself, husband and 2 children were in Waterford for one night. We stumbled across The City Arms on sat eve and went in for dinner. Couldn’t fault one thing in this pub. The staff were so nice and accommodating with the kids and their meals, the food was delicious, the place is spotlessly clean, the atmosphere is great. We went back for breakfast Sunday morning and the same again-absolutely gorgeous and great service. Well done to the owner/staff, we enjoyed everything about your bar. Thanks a mill.

Vera W, Owner at The City Arms Gastro Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2017

Thank you for your great review. It means a lot to the staff who work hard to make sure your visit to our premises is memorable, for all the right reasons.
Delighted you enjoyed your freshly cooked breakfast the next day.

Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

It is a lovely bright bar. The service was quick with lovely reasonable food. The atmosphere was chilled out and lovely warm.

Reviewed 2 November 2017

Like most tourists visiting Waterford, we had been to the Glass Factory and were walking along the quay looking for a place to have lunch. We noticed this sign, which directed us to this place, in the main High Street.

A popular place to eat with locals and visitors alike, it deserves a mention here !

Excellent food from a good menu. There were 5 of us in our group. We all chose different food and drink, and all were equally happy.

The service is excellent and the staff friendly and welcoming.

Highly recommended !

Reviewed 22 October 2017

Eaten in here a few times. Breakfast is excellent, lunch is excellent and dinner is excellent. Its great place to meet up before hitting the town too.

Reviewed 30 September 2017

We were in Waterford today and went to eat in The City Arms ,waitress showed my Husband and I to a table just inside the door ,we didn't see her for more than 15 minutes when she returned with cutlery and 2 napkins ,I asked for a jug of water which was undrinkable tasted like fluoride ,it took a long time to serve us my husband had lamb shank which was cold vegetables to share were reheated I choose turkey and ham it tasted sour full or instant stuffing which I think made the meal taste unpleasant my meal was 11.95 and my husbands was 13.95 will never set foot in the place again

1  Thank ronnieann
Vera W, Owner at The City Arms Gastro Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2017

Having read your comments, I am more than surprised that you didn't raise the fact that you were dissatisfied with the water, as I might be able to raise this with Waterford City and County Council!!