“Light lunch”

Ranked #3 of 195 Restaurants in Waterford
Price range: US$6 - US$34
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Momo Restaurant offers international flavours using the best local ingredients. All our dishes are made from scrach with love and care. Enjoy a meal at Momo in a casual and relaxed atmosphere. We cater for all dietry needs- coeliac, dairy intolerant, vegetarians, etc.
Reviewed 19 January 2017

I'd been wanting to try this place for some time because it was recommended by friends. I enjoyed the food although it's not really my thing. It's trendy and different and I struggled to find something that I liked the sound of. I eventually shared fish and chips with my daughters (2 portions among 3 people). It was more than enough but not particularly special. Someone else in our party had one of the specialty dishes and was very happy.

Reviewed 26 December 2016 via mobile

We absolutely loved our dinner here. We were served by the owner, Harry, who was extremely accommodating to our tables of vegans, vegetarians and coeliacs. Everything about the restaurant was fantastic, from the service to the ambiance to the food. We had some of the best gnocchi we've ever tried, a cheeseboard we are all still raving about days later and another selection of incredible foods. PAir that with organic wine and we had the best evening at Momo - thanks Harry!

Reviewed 21 December 2016

We called in for a cup of coffee after attending Winterval, we were sorry we had eaten earlier in the day as the food looked excellent and there was a great atmosphere. We did have desert with our coffee which were excellent and the place is very child and breastfeeding friendly. We'll be back for the main courses soon

Reviewed 8 December 2016

A group of us decided to have our Christmas night out at Momo's but what should have been a pleasant experience based on previous visits, was certainly not the case on this outing.

It got off to a nice start with a lovely menu and the starter dish was delightful. We all really enjoyed this dish but then we were left waiting, and waiting and waiting for our main course!

I reckon it took 2 hours from arrival before our main dish arrived as the service was extremely poor. It was like they totally forgot about our table. After an hour from our starters, our mains finally arrived.

My dish, the Catalan Seafood Stew, was basically a soup with 4 mussels and a few small pieces of fish with bread. For the price of the meal it certainly was not worth the money nor was it in anyway filling. Everyone else at the table who had the same did not enjoy theirs either as the fish was minuscule. I was starving at this stage while others who had the goats cheese filo were also hungry when they finished theirs.

When it came around to dessert, it took a while before anyone took our order. Around 6 of us ordered the chocolate fondant but after 5 mins we were told that they only had two left. Three of us changed our order but before the fourth person changed theirs, the waitress was gone.

They hadn't replenished the cutlery by the time the dessert was served on the table so we had to wait (while starving) until we got cutlery. They also served the coffees, before dessert which was odd.

I settled for the chocolate brownie which was only ok, others had the chocolate fondant which was served with mint ice cream instead of vanilla as stated on the menu. Another had the pavlova which was essentially a load of cream. By and large none of us enjoyed the dessert.

A few of us wanted to order drinks during our meal but couldn't grab anyone's attention and get this, one asked for Heineken on arrival but was told there was none so opted for a Tiger beer instead but later that night, he was given a Heineken because they ran out of Tiger! Hilarious!

We've been here before but I certainly would be very reluctant to go back again after this experience. I've never left a restaurant before as hungry as I did on this occasion, even after 3 courses. I usually can only manage two.

All of the group left the meal hungry and unsatisfied with the service and the food.

Disappointed is an understatement.

7  Thank daithi_ie
Reviewed 4 December 2016

Have eaten dinner and lunch here in last couple of weeks and have to say the food is fantastic. Staff are so lovely and helpful. Gorgeous decor and ambience. I would highly recommend,