1,570 results
All reviews the penthouse the hotel car park lovely hotel course meal hen party bar food city centre self service last weekend food was lovely would highly recommend this hotel a lovely stay bar staff both nights enjoyable stay visiting waterford chez
Reviewed 15 December 2015

Booked this hotel with a voucher. Staff very helpful and friendly. Was allocated a very small room (316) with one double bed having rang the hotel the day before regarding the rooms and was told I would get one with a double and single. All rooms were booked up but gave me wheelchair accessible one which was grand, much bigger too. Breakfast very good but buffet again and a fifteen minute wait for eggs. They were very busy and in fairness coping well with lots of families. Free newspaper, nice touch and ice delivered to room at anytime. Good value evening meal deal €49 for 3 course with bottle of wine ,very tasty too. Rang and booked taxis and restaurants for us too so overall very enjoyable stay

Room Tip: not 316, ask for a double and single there bigger
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 562Christine
Reviewed 12 December 2015 via mobile

Lovely hotel in the heart of Waterford. Modern space. Good bar food. Bedrooms comfortable & modern.
Parking available but limited.
Lifts to bedrooms were very bumpy - Like a jerky roller coaster. Take the stairs.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business
Operations2, Operations Manager at Fitzwilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2015

I will be more than happy to pass on your positive feed back to the team who made your visit to the Fitzwilton and Waterford a pleasant one. and i will pass your concerns to maintenance over the elevator issue.

I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Have a pleasant day from all at the Fitzwilton Hotel.

Kind Regards

Stephen Hayden
Operations Manager

Reviewed 12 December 2015

Well stayed here again this year for the annual Christmas Party, which I have to say was good. Checked in at 4pm and of course the car park was full. It is all over the promotional information - free parking, but believe me you would be very lucky to find a space in the very small car park. On arrival the receptionist was really friendly and helpful she was there at check out as well - a lovely friendly person who you can see enjoys her job.
That's it - a year on and the rooms now look tired, carpets need replacing and bathrooms seems so small this time. Would I stay again? Only because its convenient

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank Liz M
Reviewed 11 December 2015

My friend and i have been going to The Fitzwilton Hotel for the last 9 years The food is lovely The rooms very clean reception staff very good handy for the train hope i will be going for another 9 years The staff at this hotel are a credit to the hotel & this is something that is very rare I couldn:t find any fault anywhere.Also compliments to the kitchen as any food we had was amazing.The breakfast was also excellent Susan Kerins

Room Tip: 2nd or 3rd floor
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank SusanKerins

I will be more than happy to pass on your positive feed back to the team who made your visit to the Fitzwilton and Waterford a pleasant one. They will be delighted to hear this.

I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon and that the next 9 years also.

Have a pleasant day from all at the Fitzwilton Hotel.

Kind Regards

Stephen Hayden
Operations Manager

Reviewed 11 December 2015

I have stayed at the Fitzwiton on Three previous occasions over the past number of years. My wife and I have always enjoyed our stay there, that is until our more recent stay on Dec 2015.
It is Four years since We last stayed at the Fitzwilton, and we both noticed a considerable drop in standard, making this hotel a Four Star Hotel is quiet questionable.
The hotel itself the Rooms, The Bar needs a major overhaul. We felt the hotel had a very grubby vibe about it.
The Mattress on the bed was the worst I have ever slept on I was lucky I did'nt need Physio it was an ordeal.
This review is in no way a reflection on the Staff as we found all of them very pleasant.
This is a request to the owners that if you are advertising your hotel as a Four Star then please make your guests feel like they are staying in a Four Ftar establishment.
One further point I went to the bar at 7.10pm on a Saturday evening and asked if they could make a sandwich for my wife they refused. Unusual for a Four star hotel.
Fitzwilton you need to up your game.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple