“Great location, nice stay”
Review of Fitzwilton Hotel

Fitzwilton Hotel
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Waterford
Vienna, Austria
“Great location, nice stay”
Reviewed 3 August 2011

Stayed here for a couple of nights on business having previously stayed here while on vacation, had another nice stay, city centre location is definately one of the key reasons to why I stayed here. Ate in the chez k's restaurant on the first night then in the bar on the second, thoroughly enjoyed the food on both occasions. Will return here in the future.

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank augustiner13

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
  • Polish first
Dublin
Reviewed 1 August 2011

Didn’t stay in this hotel so can’t comment on the accommodation but decided along with my family to have a meal in what appears to be a nice 4 star hotel. We ordered our meal and drinks and we waited 40mins for the food to arrive and we still no sign our drinks. On arrival with our food the waiter decides to inform us that they didn’t have what we originally ordered for our 2 year old son. I would question the standard of hygiene in the kitchen because when the food did arrive I found a hair in my food. At this point we had enough and decided to leave. We complained to management but don’t think that will change much. We would certainly not eat there again it’s a pity because the hotel and location seems nice.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
jeffd2009, Director of Sales at Fitzwilton Hotel, responded to this review, 5 August 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write.

I am familiar with the unfolding of events on the evening you dined and I would like to apologise for the errors made throughout the evening. I am aware that your docket (which is no excuse) was misplaced by our waiter resulting in a delayed service for you and your colleagues - again for which I apologise. I can also ensure you that there was not a hair on the dish, as was inspected to be part of the potato garnish. Wi I assure you have no need to be concerned about the hygiene of the hotel and or kitchen.

Again, I apologise for the delay in service and hope that we will have another opportunity to right the wrongs.

Kindest Regards,

Sales & Marketing Manager

Travellers are raving about these Waterford hotels

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 28 July 2011

I stayed here for two nights with a large group of friends. We had booked B&B for two nights with one evening meal. We booked our meal for the first night of our stay. The service was a complete and utter disgrace. The table was booked for 8pm and it was well after 11pm by the time we all decided to just ignore our deserts and leave. We complained a number of times to our waiter only to get bashful smiles and little snippets of excuses. I then tried to order drinks to our table to be told by a waitress that "You would probably be better off going into the bar yourself"...SERIOUSLY in a supposed 4 star hotel to be told to leave the restaurant and walk to the bar myself to order drinks. Other than the meal fiasco that ruined our first night in Waterford everything else was ok. Rooms etc where fine but this could be a little gem of a hotel with a bit of effort, I enjoyed Waterford but I wouldn't be returning to the Fitzwilton any time soon. Oh and I will mention that the hotel provides free wi-fi which is very good.

Room Tip: Don't eat in the Hotel restaurant unless you have hours upon hours to waste.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Likesthefinerthings
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 27 July 2011

This is the worst hotel I've been to (although, to be fair, I've never been to a bad hotel before). I booked this hotel as they were doing a deal on pigsback.com. As part of that deal we were supposed to have a massage, however we were never told that we would have to book this when we were dealing with them. When we got there we were told that someone should have contacted us about that. Unfortunately no one had. Having already gotten off on the wrong foot, we wanted to confirm a booking we had made for their restaurant. Predictably, our booking wasn't on the list. As it was getting ridiculous at this stage we immediately decided we were going somewhere else for dinner (we found the fantastic La Boheme, which I highly recommend and have just given an excellent review for).

The room itself was mostly fine. There were marks on the walls though and the bathroom was dingy. My girlfriend wasn't impressed by the fact that there were shower curtains, which does seem a bit cheap for a four star hotel. The beds were nice though.

We had breakfast the following morning. My girlfriend took the safe option and went for cereal. I decided to try the full Irish. It was terrible also.

On the plus side, they had parking. If you like a hotel with parking then this is right up your street. If you expect four star service however then look somewhere else.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank randomuser77
Hi,

thank you for taking the time to reply. I am sorry you were not advised to book your massage seperatly as this is standard policy with this offer - we have sold a large amount of these offers and have not come accross this situation until now, so my apologies it was overlooked on this instance. In addition, it is unacceptable on our part that your dinner reservation was not as confirmed and again I apologise for the onconvenience. Our bathrooms exceed the standard size for a 4 star property so I have to dissagree with you that they are dingy. I am glad to see you enjoyed your sleep however and thre fact that we provide free on-site parking. It is with regret however that you did not enjoy your stay. Thank you once again for taking the time to share your experience.

Kind Regards,

Dublin
Reviewed 24 July 2011

Went for a one night break & wasn't disappointed! When I originally bookeed I asked for a quiet room & received exactly what I requested! Didn't avail of the dinner deal due to prior arrangements but the breakfast was outstanding. Staff were wonderful & extremely helpful.

Only bad thing I have to say about the hotel is that there isn't enough toiletries - myself & partner wanted showers but there was only one shampoo & shower gel for the both of us!

Would definately recommend for a stay in the city & will be coming back.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Thank you Ellie1 for your kind words. We are delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Fitzwilton Hotel and also that you really enjoyed your breakfast. Apologies that we gfell short on the toiletries for you, this is not common practice when there are two people in a room so again, our apologies.

Pity you did not get to try our wonderful restaurant Chez - K's but hopefully you will be back to see us soon.

Kind Regards,