Lowest prices for your stay
US$113
US$107
Hotels.comUS$113
PricelineUS$113
HurbUS$117
All reviews bar food weekend break reception staff saturday night minute drive few drinks both mornings food was lovely yogurt dealership whitfield tramore greenway ireland
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 September 2022

We only had one night at the Viking Hotel as part of our recent tour of Ireland. When booking it was chosen as a convenient stopping point at a reasonable price. We booked direct and chose a dinner bed and breakfast package.
First impressions of hotel were good, reception was friendly, welcoming and efficient. Our room was spacious, clean and comfortable. Only issue was that there was little information on how tv worked as it seemed to have a mind of its own.
Dinner in the restaurant was very good with the manager and all of his staff faultless. The staff were chatty and friendly and interested in us as customers.
Breakfast was fine and buffet style.
If friends decided to undertake a similar tour we would be happy to recommend the Viking Hotel and suggest that they book direct.

Date of stay: September 2022
Karen Dollery, General Manager at Viking Hotel Waterford, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2022

Hello David,
thank you for your sharing your recent experience in the Viking Hotel with tripadvisor readers, we are all delighted you enjoyed your time with us and I will certainly pass on your very kind comments to my team.
Your recommendation means a lot to us, it shows my team that their hard work is noticed and will bring more guests to see us.
I hope I have the opportunity to introduce myself to you on your next visit and yes please book direct we will look after you for a return guest rate and a similar room to enjoy (with Tv that works properly)
Kindest regards

Reviewed 14 September 2022 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel in September 2022 for one night on a business trip. I book an executive room with breakfast. At check-in, I asked for a wake-up call. In the room, I discovered that no iron or ironing board was provided. I phoned reception and asked for an ironing board to iron some shirts. 70 minutes later and after two phone calls and a conversation with the duty manager, the ironing board and iron arrived. Both the receptionist and duty manager explained that the bar and restaurant were busy and that this was a priority. So much for paying 144 Euro a night. The following morning, no wake-up call was received. The experience of staying at this hotel was really disappointing. The room decor is a bit tired and dated and the room fridge is noisy.

Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear David,

I want to apologise for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay with us, I am confident saying that is not our usual high standard of care and attention, unfortunately there were a few 'behind the scene' factors to the delay in you receiving your iron and ironing board which my team couldn't go into with you but I can assure you they did not mean to upset you.
I do hope we get the opportunity to make amends on your next business trip to Waterford and if you want to contact me directly I will be happy to make your reservation for you.

Reviewed 11 September 2022 via mobile

Excellent all round. Great service, friendly and helpful staff, fantastic breakfast and an extremely good disabled friendly room with walk in shower/shower seat. Well situated for exploring Waterford and the surrounding area. Only 1hr 45 mins from Roscoff ferry port. We would highly rate this hotel for comfort, service and price. 5*****

Room tip: The Viking Hotel is situated past the Land Rover and Mercedes dealerships on the Cork Road. Lock in the address on your GPS.
Date of stay: September 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Hello AJW,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review for the Viking Hotel Waterford, I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and the team were able to look after all aspects of your visit. Your recommendation really means a lot the us especially as it shows how hard the team work at making our guests feel welcome. Our location is ideal for guests using the ferry in and out of Rosslare or the ports and airports in Dublin - our motorways have made these journeys quite simple albeit boring because you miss our wonderful irish scenery.
I hope your journey home was without delay and we look forward to meet you again on your next adventure.
Karen

Reviewed 4 September 2022

Group of 18 stayed in this hotel. Cannot say enough positive things about this hotel, clean, great value for money and the best hospitatlity staff I have encountered in a long time. The rooms and general area, bar, dining room were all spotless and well maintained. From the time of booking right through to checking out, the staff could not have been more helpful. The hotel represented great value for money, evening meals were excellent with great service. Staff kept checking if everything was alight with our meals and anything else we needed,
Would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the Waterford area provided you have a car

Date of stay: September 2022
Karen Dollery, General Manager at Viking Hotel Waterford, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2022

Hello Noeline,
thank you for sharing your recent experience in the Viking Hotel with Tripadvisor readers, we are delighted to know that you enjoyed all aspects of your visit and the team will appreciate your warm and kind comments.
We enjoyed meeting you as well, it was so refreshing to feel the buzz and excitement each morning when you were heading out for the Golf Tournament. I received your lovely card in the post this morning and really want to thank both yourself and Rita for choosing us as your base and make sure to give Annmarie or Louise a call on your next adventure and they will look after you.
Best of luck to L & B Golf Club in your future competitions.
Warm regards
Karen

Reviewed 16 August 2022 via mobile

What a stay couldn't have been lookedafter any better the staff were amazing couldn't do enough for you gonna definitely be back the bar staff really helpful with drinks and the menu choices the rooms were spotless and really comfortable reception was helpful with things to do in the area

Date of stay: May 2022
Trip type: Travelled on business
Karen Dollery, General Manager at Viking Hotel Waterford, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2022

Hello Mark,
I want to thank for taking the time to write such a lovely review for the Viking Hotel on Tripadvisor. I’m delighted to read that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us and will certainly pass on your kind comments to my department managers to share with their teams. I hope we see you again soon and please call our front office team when you are planning a return visit and they will be only to happy to arrange a return guest rate for you.
Many thanks again