“Best fish and chips I've ever had”
Review of The Reg

The Reg
Reserve with OpenTable
The Reg is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 184 Restaurants in Waterford
Price range: US$7 - US$37
Cuisines: Seafood, Cafe, Gastropub
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: This exciting new dining scene in the hub of Waterford's Viking Triangle is a concept based on local, fresh, simple, honest and seasonal food with bursts of flavor. So whether you are with friends, clients or on a night out, this casual dining experience is always a good choice.Our venue boasts a Seafood Restaurant, GastroPub, Craft Beer Bar, Whiskey Bar, Late night bar and night club and Waterford's only stunning Rooftop Cafe Bar and Restaurant overlooking the River Suir and Reginald's Tower. With live music every night of the week. The Reg Waterford is the perfect spot for your eating and entertainment needs.
Reviewed 26 September 2016

We popped into the Reg on a very sunny day in June for a spot of lunch. As the weather was so grand we sat on the terrace where the waiter/bar man/all round nice guy pointed out bottles of suncream if we needed it, a very nice touch I thought. My friends went for the local blaas but I thought I'd stick with fish and chips. To this day I almost regret it as no other fish and chips will ever come close. For the money it was exceptional value as the amount of fish was obscene. The chips were spot on, none of this frozen oven chips jobs. Bit it was the peas that I still dream about, crushed garden peas with mint. Oh dear lord, they were incredible! Totally recommend

Reviewed 26 September 2016

Food was fab very tasty. Our waitress Sandy was brilliant very helpful and polite.Even gave us tips for the dogs.Thanks for making Bee's night so enjoyable Sandy.

Reviewed 25 September 2016

Stopped in for a bite and a pint and found a delightful pub with very friendly staff. Frank was particularly kind and helpful.

Reviewed 25 September 2016 via mobile

Visited the reg today after hearing great compliments. I was very disappointed. The service staff were sloppy. There was a male waiter who brought us down extra chips, made a comment that he had no where to put the chips as we were eating too much food! I was never so disgusted in all my life. The food was ok, the menu wasn't very diverse. There wasn't much variety. the pints of smithwicks ale were also poor. You could tell her was a long pipe from the keg to the tap. I am in the service industry myself, and have never seen such appalling service. I would have been more sympathetic if it was busy. also it might be an idea to tell your staff to distinguish between tourists and locals, when they use cheesy chat up lines! Don't go here!

TheRegWaterford, Manager at The Reg, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2016

Dear Amy Rose H,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us on Trip Advisor, following a recent visit to The Reg Waterford.

I am sorry that certain aspects of your visit were not entirely to your satisfaction and I would appreciate the opportunity of discussing your feedback in more detail.

Please could you share your contact details with me, paulius@thereg.ie

I look forward to hearing from you in due course.

Best Wishes

Paulius Norkus

Reviewed 23 September 2016 via mobile

Wear your coat, this place is freezing and we were sitting beside a radiator! The staff are friendly, attentive and helpful. The food was. as we irish would say, grand. Nothing special. Regular food, no frills but tasty and filling. You get what you pay for.