1,327 results
All reviews kids club tracey's hotel leisure centre coach trip great weekend coach party saturday night last weekend hotel bar food was lovely enjoyable stay family room staff were lovely bar staff bit dated top class both nights
Reviewed 8 September 2012

We arrived by coach at 7.45pm after leaving Devon at 6am.We had to carry our own luggage on arrival and departure,from the street behind the hotel. We were given 10 mins to find our rooms and get backdown to the dining room .The evening meals were disappointing but the dining room staff were all friendly and quick. We had no hot water for 2 days. most of our party found problems with their rooms.We had no extractor fan in the bathroom and we could not lock the door at night as the chain was broken.The safes were on the floor and the easiest way to set them was by lying on the floor.Not easy for a 76year old with arthritis.

Room Tip: traffic very busy at the front of the hotel
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 September 2012

really enjoyed are stay, went down with friends and are kids. we all had a brilliant time, especially the kids. the kids club was the best, my four year old boy really loved it, they took the kids for breakfast at 9 am and collected him at 12, then they had a evening club where they can get dinner and watched a movie, from 6.30 til 9. the staff where very friendly and very easy going, food was lovely and very reasonably priced. we are all looking forward to going back down again soon.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 September 2012

I personnaly spent two nights in this hotel (August 8th and August 9th, 2012). They are doing the best they can to offer good service. There is no in-site car park, but I did not suffer that because the hotel has an arrangement with a public car park which is only 5 minutes away (walking distance). Breakfast buffet was plentiful and the breakfast room was big enough to accommodate hotel guests.
The unique "problem" that I have had there was soundproofing, but this is due to old facilities. You know, this is not e post-modern building, therefore when guests were leaving the hotel at 5.00am I could hear them walking in the corridor and this is not top when you're on holidays. But I think this is not a reason for not enjoying the good location and good service provided by Treacy's Hotel ;-)

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 September 2012

Enjoyed our stay at Treacys food was good and thanks to John Treacy for the Bailey,s Irish coffee,s and the Bailey,s chocolate mousse demonstration this was with coach tour and a treat for my 60th birthday, bedroom was comfy but could of had more wardrobe space. Staff very friendly & helpful although breakfast was self service they were on hand to make sure you had anything you needed. to John hope Shauna, Mai doing well excuse if I haven,t spelt right.
Barbara S

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 August 2012

stayed for 2 nights in this hotel and it was the worst hotel i have ever stayed in.Firstly,the car park is 3 streets away from the hotel,which is a joke!!!walked into the bar for a coffee then,it was very quiet but most of the tables had not been cleaned(dirty dishes) and 3 staff on. Our room was tiny,over a chinese and across from a tanning salon so it was extremely noisy,the heat in the room and the smell of garlic made us feel physically sick!!!!reception on telly was terrible.hotel full of hen and stag partys,woken up both nights by a "guest" kicking a room door to get in,took security 20 mins to come up and sort it out.took us 10 mins to get a drink in the bar and we were sitting right infront of the "5" staff that were on!!!the restaurant food menu looked really good,until we were told that we could not order off that menu as our meal was included in our stay package so we had a one page menu instead of a 6 page menu to choose from....Could not have a look around the gym as all the doors had codes on them and we could only enter if we were going to use it,there and then,could not even get a member of staff to show us around it!!needless to say,we did not even stay for our "inclusive" breakfast on the last morning,went to reception at 9am to check out and were not even asked how our stay was,was everything ok,not even a thank you or goodbye.I have stayed in alot of hotels in ireland and i would not recommend anyone to stay here..!!!.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Tracy648
Maria K, Sales & Marketing at Treacys Hotel Waterford, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2012

Dear Tracy,

I am extremely shocked in reading your review of your time spent at Treacy's Hotel. Firstly the hotel carpark is 200m behind the hotel which guests can park in free of charge for the duration of their stay. We do feel that it is a huge plus for guests to be able to park in the city centre for free during their time with us. There is also a carpark directly across from hotel which is €5 on exit which you have the option of using too.

I am disappointed to read about your experience in the hotel bar. I can assure you it is not standard practice for used delft not to cleared away immediately. I cannot understand why it took you 10 mins to get a drink at the bar if there was as many staff on as you say. I have brought all this to the attention of the bar manager who is investigating your comments and taking very seriously.

I am sorry to hear that you were unhappy with your room and that your TV reception was bad. We do stress that if guests are not happy or have any small problems to inform reception who do their utmost to rectify any issues and accommodate all guests as best they can.

I am shocked to hear of the behaviour of some inconsiderate guests during your stay but happy to that we managed to resolve the problem.

Our leisure centre team will be very sadden to hear that you felt you could not have a look around the 20m swimming pool area and gymnasium. This certainly is not standard practice as all team members of the leisure centre welcome the opportunity to inform all guests of the great facilities that we have here.

Again i am shocked that reception members did not ask how you enjoyed your stay. This again is standard at check out. I will invest this and ensure that this never reoccurs again.

Thank you for taking the time out to review your stay at Treacy's Hotel

Kind Regards,