See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 July 2005

Sion Hill house is in a great location for Waterford. It over looks the city which is great. Antoinette(owner) was extremely helpful with recommendations for dinner and a great old traditional pub. We enjoyed our time at Sion Hill house. The only thing I didn't like about the house was the cluttered appearance in all the public rooms. Our bedroom and bath were wonderful, however the public rooms were very cluttered. We stayed at 4 different Bed and Breakfast places during our weeks stay in Ireland and the Sion Hill House came in 3rd to all the others. It was nice, but just needs to be picked up a bit. Anntoinette is very nice and helpful. If you decide to stay at Sion Hill House be sure to stop in at T & H Doolans for a late night pint. It's a real neat old pub with live traditional Irish Music.

• Stayed: July 2005
3  Thank magoo2
Reviewed 21 July 2005

I can see some people liking this place, but we didn't unfortunately. Certainly it has several things going for it: nice view over wateford, gardens, historic 17th century house, nice couple running it, good breakfast, price was right. But the inside smelled dusty and was strangely decorated. We wouldn't stay there again, but I looked in their guestbook and clearly a lot of people would.

Stayed: July 2005
3  Thank SPGLover
Reviewed 1 August 2003

Lovely place; fascinating history; one question to the proprietor gave us an hour's answer; a bit tricky to enter the driveway; the view from the hill is stunning, especially with a tall ship in the harbor.

3  Thank fjsullivan
Reviewed 15 March 2003

Absolute brilliant, this is the home from home, that make you the guest, feel so very special, I have stayed in may places, my job means I'm on the move all the time Scotland and Ireland but Sion Hill house has to beat all the rest ! Antoinette & George Kavanagh, please don't lose that extra special touch you have there, KJL.

7  Thank Maps6652