“Great casual dining option”
Review of Geoff's Bar

Geoff's Bar
Ranked #18 of 187 Restaurants in Waterford
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Reviewed 5 February 2018

This is a great casual dining option in Waterford.

Very good burgers - I've tried both beef and veggie. Fresh cut shoestring fries to die for. All the daily fish specials we've had have been excellent - e.g. cod with chorizo and mash potatoes.

It's an old pub with a really nice atmosphere - low key music and no TVs - so it's ideal for a relaxing bite to eat.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

I visited Geoff's recently for a 'quick' bite at lunch time only to find the lower end of the bar devoid of staff. I went to the bar to get a menu and I felt I was intruding on a private conversation when I tried to get somebody's attention. The counter was cluttered with used dishes etc. and nobody seemed too bothered about it. Having decided what to order, I had to again stretch to get attention. This is not what it used to be like. When the food arrived the fish goujons were of the frozen bread crumbed variety and the stringy fries were a little bit soggy. The mushy peas were more like pea soup. Sorry guys. Whats happened ??? Used to be much better.

1  Thank Jacques_James57
Reviewed 9 January 2018 via mobile

A Saturday afternoon hunger put this Waterford landmark pub on our list. It's old-school but zingy comfortable interior with rainforest beer garden is a must visit. Wide range menu and while food was delicious it's the atmosphere in here that wins hearts. Every employee had the ability to make you feel like a local and they do it so good. From a warm welcome into a peaceful eating atmosphere with cracking old-school music at the right level so that you can hear and talk . Geoff bar is highly respected in Waterford and our visit makes me understand why. We returned later that night to find the bar and beer garden packed but not overcrowded which was down to good management. A lot of other bar owners could take a lesson in how to facilitate from here. A franchise of this bar in Europe or USA would make a killing. Well done and thanks for making us feel like a local. Top class

Reviewed 8 January 2018 via mobile

Becoming more of a landmark. My twenty something kids, me and my 40/50's friends all find a spot in Geoffs . Fab food, great service, the size inside is huge.small cosy and larger areas flow easily. Great lunch early eve food.

Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

Met up with friends for a quick pint at 5 o clock, didn't leave till 10. Had a bit of grub there aswell which was lovely. Definitely be back next time in Waterford