All reviews rockin joes short stay tea coffee making facilities city centre pleasant stay room was spotless good nights sleep visiting waterford beds were comfortable one night stay tramore
Reviewed 29 June 2015

Very nice hotel. Very convenient location. Very helpful staff. I was there for the marathon and the location is perfect between the start and finish. Wifi was good. Cost was low. I will recommend this to my running friends.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Conor M, General Manager at Travelodge Waterford, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2015

Dear Jerry D,

Thank you for your kind words. i hope you have fully recovered after the Viking Marathon here in Waterford and once again congratulations on the time you achieved. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us and hopefully we will see you again next year.

Reviewed 27 June 2015 via mobile

We only paid €40 for the night so aren't complaining. The room was spacious, the bed was comfortable and the shower worked. There are no frills and no free WiFi. There was a strange smell which I think was cigarette smoke covered up with air freshener. Luckily it was a warm night so we were able to open the window to lessen the smell.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple

Dear Liz2903,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I was pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. All of our rooms are non smoking but i will certainly investigate the smell that you mentioned as this is unacceptable. I hope you will visit us again sometime in the near future.

Reviewed 22 June 2015

I stayed here for 2 nights on a recent business trip. I had travelled for over 12 hours that day and only booked on-line 5 minutes before arriving at the hotel so was extremely impressed that the room was ready on arrival. This is a nice hotel and was very clean and tidy, the mattress was very comfy after such a long journey. The staff and hotel manager were extremely helpful and very professional through out my stay. I was impressed how quiet the hotel was considering I stayed on a weekend. I would definitely recommend this hotel, very good value for the money.

Room Tip: I would also recommend the American diner the food was amazing and the staff were very good.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business

Dear Donna0503,

Thank you for your review. We were all delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that you will visit us again sometime in the near future.

Reviewed 20 June 2015

the room not prepaired for our arrival, The reception area was not well signed, actually hard to find. To be told that the wifi was only available in reception, or , if you paid you could have it in your room. In this day and age this is not acceptable.To get to our room, we had to go through 5 doors and then quite along passage. For a small hotel very pourly designed.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank graemeo979
GM_Waterford, General Manager at Travelodge Waterford, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2016

Dear graemeo979,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I must apologise for your room not being ready for you upon your arrival and i will certainly investigate this matter. Travelodge offers a paid wifi service in all hotels but we do offer free wifi in the lobby area to assist guests who may not require a full 24hr wifi access as a way of reducing costs to them. With regards to your comment about the excessive doors on the corridors, please understand that these are all fire doors and are in place for people's safety and as such this is not something that we are in a position to change. I do hope you will visit us again in the future and come back to see the big changes that we are making here in Travelodge as part of our refurbishment programme.

Reviewed 19 June 2015

broken bed, noisy inside and out. smokers by window so you can't open it.
better off sleeping in my car. There was a break in at the cafe next door so alarms till early hours, other guests very noisy with cases etc in corridors but a broken bed in a hotel is a joke unless you want to sleep

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 336martynw

Dear 336martynw,

Thank you for your review. I must apologise for the quality of the bed in your room. We are currently in the process of replacing every bed in the Hotel but this is a work in progress and as such all bedrooms have not been completed yet. I must also apologise for any noise disruption that occurred during your stay. I do hope you will come back and visit us again sometime in the near future so that you can see the impact our refurbishment programme is making to the Hotel.