Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
1,718 results
All reviews golf course munster room presidential suite private island afternoon tea golf club four poster bed self catering ferry ride clay pigeon shooting wedding venue from start to finish short drive following morning deer clubhouse fireplace
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 September 2021

Booked clay pigeon shooting with Mick for a family occasion. Mick was absolutely amazing, and he catered so well for a huge range of ages (14-87). So relaxed and enjoyable. We bought 100 clay pigeons and he was happy to let us divide them up whatever way we wanted, which each person getting practice, doing solo rounds, team rounds etc. Absolutely brilliant, thank you so much!

Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 3 September 2021 via mobile

Amazing hotel, amazing setting and very friendly staff.
The fact you have to get a regular ferry over to the castle adds to the whole experience. It’s a short drive then up to the castle car park. It was our 10th Anniversary so we opted for a suite. We got the Browne suite which was lovely. I would say the room is a hot room. We slept with the windows open and there was a fan provided but a great room all the same.
We grabbed a quick lunch which was fine. We then went for a lovely walk around the grounds which is definitely worth it. Our best experience was the fine dining that night in the restaurant. We had a lovely meal with great service. The staff once again were excellent.
We would recommend Waterford Castle.

Date of stay: September 2021
1  Thank jossiepops
Reviewed 31 August 2021

My friend and I went for our evening meal to Waterford Castle last week. Island spectacular and wonderful to see the wildlife there going about their business. On arrival we were seated by a tall waitress with smiling eyes which made us feel very welcome. Our meal was delicious and to the standard I expected, the service was great and so was the ambiance. Got one of the best cappuccinos from the smiling waitress we ever had. Definitely recommend and will definitely be back.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 23 August 2021 via mobile

We’re just back from a really enjoyable one night stay at Waterford Castle. The castle was great, the food was excellent but the best part of our stay was the wonderful staff. From reception to the bar to the restaurant staff…all were so welcoming and they made our stay.

We liked it so much that we booked a return visit on the ferry as we left the island.

Reviewed 23 August 2021 via mobile

I would have rated it slightly higher but the the failings weren't what I would expect from this type of hotel.
My first observation was on checking in at reception for food, my Covid cert was scanned and my ID checked but my husband's was not. I found this a puzzle. How did they know if he was vaccinated....

I booked an afternoon tea as a birthday gift for my husband, he wanted to experience one so I thought let's do it in style.
When I booked, 2 weeks prior to the tea, I instructed that we didn't want fish and he doesn't eat cream on or on any cakes.
When we checked in this was confirmed to us. We were seated by a male staff member who took our drink order and then we were left sitting for quite a while before a lady appeared with our tier of food. We had not been given our water or tea we had asked for. For me the food was lovely but unfortunately there was gateau with cream on top and a raspberry choux pastry with a cream filling that he bit into.
We enjoyed the ambience and the setting.
On approaching the till to pay, another male member of staff asked if everything was to our satisfaction. I told him I was disappointed that my husband had been given cream. He then told me I should have made them aware ahead. I told him I did, then he replied 'oh I don't know whats happening, I have only just started my shift!
I would expect much better service and staff interaction from this type of premises.
The castle itself is spectacular and the grounds are beautiful but the hospitality needs a lot of work.

Room tip: If you need to avoid a certain type of food, tell them but maybe email them too