Vio.com
Etrip
StayForLong
Hotels.com
1,718 results
All reviews golf course munster room presidential suite private island afternoon tea golf club four poster bed self catering ferry ride clay pigeon shooting wedding venue from start to finish short drive following morning deer clubhouse fireplace
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 August 2021 via mobile

We visited for afternoon tea and couldn't fault anything. We were really impressed with their covid compliance, the checking of certs with ID, while some might find this annoying, we found the compliance with government guidelines very reassuring and safe which meant we were able to relax and enjoy our experience.
Afternoon Tea was lovely as usual, the food and service and setting was very good. As an adults only group we liked that we were seated away from those with children. Staff are very friendly and make sure to explore the island, we went on a lovely little walk and saw the island deer! We will be back to stay! Well done to the staff for doing things so well!!!

Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 27 July 2021

1st visit to waterford castle on 25th July, what can I say, faultless. Fantastic setting, service and rooms. Our evening meal was superb - chocolate delice dessert the best dessert I ever had! Fabulous relaxing break, would highly recommend.

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 July 2021

After a week-long stay at one of the lodges in Waterford Castle (WC), having experienced numerous issues (maintenances/health and safety/security), I undertook, without fuss or fanfare, to provide private feedback to senior management. I had initially had a discussion with management on site but I felt the issues were downplayed. I included some photographs to facilitate WC management’s examination of the issues. My reason for such efforts was twofold, as I am in a position to direct further business their way, and as I felt WC being a superb venue was really let down by problems that were easily resolved by a few visits from the maintenance team etc. There was no reason why these issues could not have been sorted before our arrival! I didn’t dwell on minor issues and I felt my contribution would enhance management training and development efforts, and possibly help introduce a system of quality control.

I can only say that the response was undignified, snide, sarcastic and the most unprofessional piece of customer engagement I have ever witnessed, and this to a party of guests who had quite substantially supported their business and that of the surrounding business community and who had experienced serious inconvenience on arrival and for some days afterwards. The issues were fobbed off as ‘minor’ and I was consigned to the “1%” category of guests who were put on the naughty step for daring to comment on pretty serious shortcomings, as if in some way it was my fault, rather than my response to an unacceptable level of service delivery. Covid was used as an excuse for not having carried out non-essential maintenance, however, for example, the repairing of a large lower floor window so that it could be closed is neither minor nor could it be regarded as non-essential!

Can I assure the author that despite the suggestion that we did nothing else with our time except take photos of the issues involved, we very much appreciated what WC and its environs had to offer. We spotted herds of deer at sundown and a badger in broad daylight. We experienced the beautiful 7km walk which took us right around the island. We had sumptuous meals in the golf club and top-notch service there from the young staff who were very courteous and engaging. We found housekeeping very professional and helpful in our dealings with them. Dining in the castle was a treat with the same level of professionalism and friendly engaging staff and the kitchen staff went out of their way to facilitate a complex diet. The ferry experience was pleasant where the staff sometimes waited or even reversed to facilitate us, again very professional, friendly and engaging.

So, I would recommend that rather than going on the attack, and disregarding genuine feedback, as the ramblings of a malcontent, it behoves WC senior management to take objective account of the guest’s experience. An email dripping in sarcasm and wide generalisations was disrespectful in the extreme and does little to enhance the reputation of WC. This senior manager’s time might be better spent with staff engagement to ascertain what the root cause of the failings was and If I am permitted some sarcasm of my own, perhaps the author of this masterpiece might develop the same skills in customer service as we experienced from the wonderful staff at WC. I would also recommend that this email might be shared in training as an example of how NOT to respond to feedback.

Date of stay: June 2021
5  Thank Rita C
Reviewed 24 July 2021

One of the best hotels in Ireland , staff were like family and nothing was too much trouble, cant recommend highly enough. Food was to a very high standard but stay away from the desserts as they are highly addictive!

Reviewed 14 July 2021

I went there based on a recommendation. I enjoyed learning about the history of the castle, the interiors and the art on walls, the unique ferry crossing, walking around the perimeter of the island, the gardens. The golf course was a nice challenge also. The fine dining experience was lovely and the waiting staff were extremely efficient, calm, sociable, chatty (a couple of them, not all, but that's absolutely fine, some people are quiet, etc) and attentive. I got good recommendation for a refreshing beverage from one of them.

I loved the Wall Room where I stayed within the castle itself. It was something like back in 19th century perhaps, so very authentic I think, but with 21st century creature comforts such as TV and coffee making facilities, etc.

I had breakfast on both mornings and lunch also on one day. I had pizza with beer at the Golf Clubhouse restaurant on another evening and that was very nice too, outside, watching folks putting on the practice greens. The reception staff I met at check in and during the stay were very helpful and accommodating, helping me to set up a reservation for dinner one afternoon.

Overall, I'd stay again.