2 people are viewing this hotel
PricelineUS$139
Hotels.comUS$129
Trip.comUS$146
1,656 results
All reviews the river secure car park viking triangle lovely hotel city centre star hotel bar staff stayed here for one night bit dated room was spotless staff were lovely family room breakfast was excellent double bed suir ireland receptionist
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 January 2020 via mobile

Now I know what is meant by a hidden gem. This hotel has to be my favourite yet. Some say needs modernization though I say no. Loved this hotel the minute I stepped inside. We had to visit the hospital for a procedure and himself couldn't drive for 24 hours so decided on a 2 night stay. Arrived early, 7.30 am as we decided to leave car in hotel carpark and taxi to hospital. Such a pleasant receptionist, checked us in there and then as wasn't too busy and room was ready. The room was clean, bright and perfect, overlooking the river, the bathroom, a little bit tired maybe but clean. Bar food really nice, breakfast, didn't know where to start. Selection of foods was great and they had the Clonakilty yogurts, OMG if you like yogurts you need to try these, yum - my only negative was the croissants, they weren't nice and flaky. Such pleasant and friendly staff (not 'its my job to talk to you' staff) . Would I stay here again? Absolutely and I would highly recommend it.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
WaterfordMarina, General Manager at Waterford Marina Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2020

Hello Georgina,
Thankyou for sharing your experience in the Waterford Marina Hotel with Tripadvisor readers. I’m delighted to see that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and we really appreciate your wonderful recommendation it means everything to us. We look forward to meeting you again, hopefully for a leisurely break on one of the many festivals the city hosts throughout the year. Please call the front office team directLG to make a reservation and they will allocate you a similar river view room to enjoy and a reduced return guest rate as a thankyou for your support.

Reviewed 5 January 2020 via mobile

My third stay in this hotel and will certainly book again. Rooms are clean and modern. Staff is nice and attentive. Breakfast is a bit disappointing, the selection and presentation of the food could be better. I‘ll certainly book again however without the breakfast option.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
WaterfordMarina, General Manager at Waterford Marina Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2020

Hello Wolfy,
Happy New Year to you and thank you for sharing your experience with us in the Waterford Marina Hotel with Tripadvisor readers. It's disappointing to read that you did not enjoy the new 'Browse, Choose & Enjoy' breakfast buffet introduced last year, I will certainly speak to my team to ensure we are offering our usual high standard in this area. I have passed on your lovely kind comments to all departments and maybe I'll get the opportunity to introduce myself to you on your next visit. Please ensure contact our front office team directly when making your next reservation and they will allocate you a similar river view room offering a return guest discount as a token of our appreciation.

Reviewed 22 December 2019 via mobile

The hotel we felt was good money for value. The room was very basic with a hint of charm. Our room looked into the marina itself so we loved the view.
The bathroom definitely needed updating tub scratched and just a little unclean looking.
What makes this hotel is the staff and location. The girl at reception was friendly and attentive. We had dinner in the bar and the staff and food was amazing. Live music every night and reasonable prices.
The location and fact there is a secure car park was a major plus for us. Walking distance to everything in town was a plus.
The breakfast buffet was very good all food was very hot except for scrambled eggs they were very cold.
We would stay here again next time we were in Waterford.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Wenger73

Hello Wenger,
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience in the Waterford Marina Hotel with Tripadvisor readers,
we appreciate all your lovely kind comments and I have passed your review on for my team to enjoy.
We look forward to meeting you again and please contact our front office team for your next reservation and they will allocate you a river view room with a return guest rate as a token of our appreciation.

Reviewed 10 December 2019

Lovely hotel, good rooms. Overlooks river. Great views. Lovely staff. Comfortable beds. Good hot water and bathrooms. Windows open, but room nicely heated not too hot not cold at all. WiFi excellent. Lots of British and Eire TV channels. Staff go out of their way to help. We were given this amazing room lots of beds, windows, sofa table etc but wanted a smaller room and got it no problem. Quiet too. Bath also

Room tip: river view.
1  Thank Heather L
WaterfordMarina, General Manager at Waterford Marina Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2019

Hello Heather,
Many thanks for taking the time to write such a lovely review for the Waterford Marina Hotel on Tripadvisor, I'm delighted that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us and I will certainly pass on your kind comments to the team. We look forward to meeting you again on your return to Waterford and please contact our front office team directly to ensure they allocate you a similar river view room with a reduced return guest rate as a token of our appreciation.
Wishing you a Happy Christmas and hope to see you in 2020

Reviewed 9 December 2019

Just returned from a weekend break in the Waterford Marina Hotel. What a fabulous experience. There were seven people in our party, one couple were celebrating their 50th anniversary - so there were delighted to find a box of chocolates and a congratulations message in their room. Rooms are lovely and big. The hotel staff are warm and friendly, everyone from reception to the housekeeping was lovely. A special mention to Michael, who chatted with us on several occasions. Breakfast was top class, everything was lovely and fresh. We enjoyed a very nice relaxed evening meal following by drinks and dancing in the bar. This hotel has everything you could ask for and it is delivered with a smile! I would definitely recommend The Waterford Marina Hotel.

Hello Valerie,
Thankyou for sharing your review of the Waterford Marina Hotel with Tripadvisor readers, we are delighted that you and your family & friends had a fabulous experience during your weekend break with us and your warm, kind comments are much appreciated by us. I am very lucky to work with a great team who always do their very best to make sure our guests are looked after. Your recommendation means a lot to us and we hope to meet you all again on your return visit to Waterford. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and I would like to take this opportunity to wish you all a Happy Christmas.