“Superb Service”

King of the Vikings VR
Ranked #7 of 60 things to do in Waterford
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: King of the Vikings The Worlds First Viking Virtual Reality 3D adventure, bringing you up close and personal with the Viking warlords who founded Waterford Ireland's oldest city! Housed in a replica Viking house within the atmospheric ruins of a medieval monastery in the heart of the Viking city. Next to Reginald's Tower where the Treasures of Viking Waterford and a fullsize Viking longs
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Baby buggy parking
Reviewed 12 September 2017

We visited and had some issues on our tour.It was handled by staff in a very professional manner and their customer service was really good. The VR experience was so cool and really realistic, I could have sat the magic chest for ages, going back again with my nephews. Loved it.

Waterford_Treasures, Public Relations Manager at King of the Vikings VR, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2017

Good afternoon Louise

Many thanks for coming to visit the King of the Vikings, the world's first Viking 3D Virtual Reality adventure, situated in a replica Viking house in the centre of Waterford's Viking Triangle.

We're delighted that you enjoyed your experience and that your bringing your nephews back to see it, you'll enjoy it a second time around as you'll get to see and hear a lot more!

Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

One of the best visitor attractions I've ever been to. Lovely staff and the VR experience is simply outstanding. Highly recommend this to anyone visiting Waterford. Best to book in advance as limited to 8 people per 30 minute slot. Definitely a case of quality over quantity!

Waterford_Treasures, Public Relations Manager at King of the Vikings VR, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2017

Good morning Larais

Thank you for coming to visit the King of the Vikings and for taking the time to give us the wonderful feedback, we really appreciate it. I will pass on your comments to all of the King of the Vikings team, I know they will be delighted to hear as they really work hard to ensure everyone has a fantastic experience when they come to visit us.

We look forward to your next visit to Ireland's oldest city ‘Veðrafjǫrðr’ (Waterford).

Reviewed 9 September 2017

As a student of archaeology and history, I highly recommend this heritage experience. Excellent attention to detail and fantastic sensory reenactment, it allows the visitor to be part of the exhibit not apart from..............ideal.

Good morning Michael

Thank you Michael for coming to visit the King of the Vikings, the world's first Viking 3D Virtual Reality adventure and for your fantastic comments on your experience, I will certainly pass on your comments to all of the team in the Viking House.

We look forward to your next visit, as you'll be surprised how much you missed the first time around.

Reviewed 1 September 2017

I was sceptical, but we were recommended to go there. It was the first time I experienced VR, and it will not be my last.
I like the idea about being in a viking house, and the mix between actors and VR. I liked the way the VR changed between meeting people and "moving" through areas.
I can only say go, but remember to bring warm clothes as the viking house is windy and cold - at least this summer (2017)

Waterford_Treasures, Public Relations Manager at King of the Vikings VR, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2017

Good morning Mette

Thank you for coming all the way from Denmark to experience the King of the Vikings, we really love your enthusiasm to see the world's first Viking 3D Virtual Reality Adventure in our replica Viking House situated in the heart of Waterford's Viking Triangle.

We love your review and really appreciate you taking the time to let us and the world know of what you thought of the experience. We like to immerse you into what the Vikings would have felt while living here in Ireland's oldest city ‘Veðrafjǫrðr’ (Waterford), and yes, you will need to wear warm clothes especially now that we are getting into cooler months.

We do hope you get another opportunity to come and visit us again from Denmark, as the experience gets better a second time around!

Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

We drove an hour with two small children, waited 30 minutes for the doors to open (they are closed until showtime). Once inside, again we waited, people with reservations finally moved to the front of the line. Then after an hour waiting with small children, we're told only EIGHT people per show - sorry. All that waiting when they're fully booked the whole time. Might be a great show but very poorly organized and no warning that you must book ahead.

1  Thank Laurie A
Waterford_Treasures, Public Relations Manager at King of the Vikings VR, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2017

Good morning Laurie

Many thanks for your comments regarding your recent visit to the King of the Vikings adventure. I'm sorry to hear that you didn't get to experience the King of the Vikings experience, this is the first that I have heard that you were not able to see it, did you email info@kingofthevikings.com or discuss it with the front of house team on the day?

I'm not sure what day you travelled on, if it was yesterday, Sunday the 27th, we had availability at 10.30am, 11.00am, 12.30pm, 4.00pm, 4.30pm and 5.00pm and on Saturday the 26th we had availability at 10.30am and 11.00am.

We are certainly a victim of our own success, the majority of our bookings are done by email or phone in advance, as our visitors don't want to miss the opportunity of not getting a place.

If you wish to email your details to me directly or private message me regarding the day and time you were visiting.

Many thanks.