Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Leah
Ireland

Good hotel

Review of The Glasshouse
4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 14 May 2024
Enjoyed our stay here. Staff at reception are lovely. Twin room was spacious and very clean. The upstairs bar is fabulous, lovely view over the water and great selection of cocktails. The only downside to this hotel is the cafe bar. Quite a cold and small area for dinner. Food wasn’t great, we got a steak and fish&chips which neither of us enjoyed. Had lunch here the following day before check out and again not great. Soup and a sandwich should be easy for a chef to make but apparently not, sandwich was awful. I would stay here again due to central location and nice rooms but I would go elsewhere for breakfast and dinner.
Date of stay: January 2024
5.0 of 5 bubblesSleep Quality
Vanessa O'Donovan , Sales at The Glasshouse, responded to this review
Responded 21 May 2024
Dear Lcolll

Thank you for your review following your recent stay here in The Glasshouse. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your twin room and the View Bar on the first floor.

I am disappointed to read your comment on your bar food, this is a very popular menu with both guests and regulars alike. We will look into this at our next managers meeting.

€149
2.3 km from The Glasshouse
2.4 km from The Glasshouse
View more hotels in Sligo
2,372 results
All reviews the river underground parking view bar per day deluxe room glass house modern hotel central location sligo town main course bars and restaurants bar food lovely view friday night lovely room top class funky
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 May 2024

Very good staff, spacious room. Restaurant poor, steak ordered blue was served well done so had to be sent back, lamb overcooked and dry, vegetables overcooked and had been kept warm instead of served fresh. How difficult is it to get the basics right?

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Vanessa O'Donovan , Sales at The Glasshouse, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2024

Good morning iansY257FJ

Thank you for your review following your recent stay here in The Glasshouse. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your spacious room and that you found our staff professional.
In relation to your meal in the restaurant, we will certainly look into your comments and address internally.

Please do feel free to contact me directly should you wish to return to The Glasshouse

Reviewed 12 May 2024 via mobile

I have just returned from the most amazing weekend at the glasshouse. I had booked originally a deluxe room with a small balcony and river views. I kindly received an upgrade from the most kindest lady Vanessa who arranged this for me as it was a belated trip for my husbands birthday to the newly refurbished deluxe suites with large terrace sitting area on the sixth floor.
Check In was so smooth and on our arrival, which was early advised that our room was ready. Thank you to the lovely girl who checked us in sorry I didn't get your name. Very informative and helpful and nothing any trouble to her.
We stayed in room 603 and to say I was stunned on entrance would be an understatement. With bathrobes slippers and a mini fridge with water to the lovely chocolates all these touches made our stay even more special.
The room was spacious, the most wonderful bathroom and outdoor area, which wirh the great weather we had was certainly put to good use.
Breakfast was beautiful as was dinner we ate at the hotel again which was very reasonably priced.
Service from all the staff was first class hence why we keep returning.
We enjoyed the entertainment also both nights in the hotel, which is a bonus if you want to be chilled and not have to move after dinner.
Check out was again very smooth sad to leave for sure.
Massive thank you to Vanessa and all her staff. You certainly went over and above for us this weekend, and it didn't go unnoticed.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Good Morning Patricia

Thank you so much for your FIVE Star review, I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and that I was in a position to offer the upgrade. I will make sure our team read this review, as you mention "Service from all the staff was first class hence why we keep returning"

Please do contact me in the future should you be returning to The Glasshouse.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 10 May 2024

Clean, convenient, good location but not best value for money. Had to ask for lotion - which at Dublin prices, felt cheap on their part. We arrived early, left bags and walked Sligo, waiting for the call that room was ready - it didn't come! No big deal, but expect a call when told we would get one. They need to tighten up on little things. Breakfast was open buffet style but served by staff member who looked as if she wished she were elsewhere.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 May 2024

Mixed review - hotel is central to everything. Older. There was an odor that woke me out of my sleep last night there. My colleague had the same experience but the odor was present throughout their stay. Mentioned it to front desk - they must have known as they seemed indifferent.

BUT, front desk staff told us if we brought laundry down between 10 and noon the morning after we checked in, would have back same day. We took our laundry down by 8:30 or 9 and laundry had already been picked up for the day. Guy at front desk offered to take it to their laundry service for us. Realized I should have asked his name - was on duty April 29th. Awesome!!

Date of stay: April 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 4 May 2024 via mobile

Stayed here recently €265 for one night. Really expensive for what it is. I found the staff very pleasant at reception & at breakfast. The room was your standard run of the mill hotel room. Parking is situated underneath the hotel with a €4 for one day charge. Breakfast was lovely.
I had lunch here during my stay which on reflection I should have sent back to the kitchen- it was inedible.

Date of stay: April 2024
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Vanessa O'Donovan , Sales at The Glasshouse, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear Raymondstreet

Thank you for your review following a recent stay here in The Glasshouse. I am disappointed to hear about your lunch as we do have a very lunch business with both guests and locals.

We will certainly review this at our next team meeting