“Not impressed ”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Garlow Take Away at Topaz Filling Station Grange
Ranked #8 of 10 Coffee & Tea in Sligo
Description: Deli and Takeaway instore. Customers can sit in the seating and eating area or just 'takeaway'. An extensive range of hot and cold foods available freshly made all day from 6:30am to 10:30pm. Although we are a filling station and convenience store, our food offerings are at the back of the shop. An Aladdin's cave awaits !!!
Reviewed 29 April 2017 via mobile

Man on the phone always comes across as rude. Once I rang back to add another bag of chips onto an order and he wasn't very nice about it. Let it go as I'm sure he was very busy. I couldn't make out how much he said it was and he practically barked at me at the counter. Was even more annoyed when, even though I had said cod goujons on the phone when placing my order, to the girl at the counter when I was collecting AND the man who gave me my food , I went home only to find I had been given chicken which I don't eat. Gave the place another chance and although my curry chips were fine the veggie burgers we had were gross. Buns weren't even toasted and the veggie burgers were hard and gritty. Clearly weren't cooked properly or something. I don't think I'll be a returning customer.

1  Thank Fifi21793

Reviewed 15 May 2016

Not a review of the takeaway as such, but I stopped at the filling station to get petrol and while in there picked up some soda bread. When I got to the counter a very friendly gentleman informed me that his wife made the soda bread fresh every morning. I took it home and I have to say it really was fantastic. Such a nice surprise to get not only such great service, and also such top quality homemade produce in a filling station. I will definitely be calling again the next time I pass!

Reviewed 18 February 2016

Garlow Takeway which is located at the Topaz Filling Station on the Sligo side of Grange village Co Sligo. The takeway also has an internal seating area and there is also an off-licence facility. There is limited parking for cars and also a space for bus parking. The off-licence closes at 10.30 pm. You can get nice food to eat on the premises or to take away. The do tasty sandwiches and baps at lunchtime. It's nicely laid out and easy to find.

Reviewed 30 June 2015

Great fish and chips and chicken kebabs, absolutely sorted my appetite on my trip up from Ballina. Very friendly staff, great atmosphere in a comfortable environment. Will be back again soon!

Reviewed 5 October 2014

There is a little deli in the back. The cook made a couple excellent paninis for us a then gave a sample of lamb that we had asked about. Very good!