5 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$130
PricelineUS$130
Hotels.comUS$130
TravelocityUS$130
TripadvisorUS$130
Agoda.comUS$130
1,399 results
All reviews kids club crazy golf family suite swimming pool leisure centre hen party bar staff family break from start to finish couldn't do enough food was lovely friday night top class a lovely stay staff were lovely both mornings tea and coffee
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 September 2022

We had an amazing time when staying in the hotel just before the summer. Family room was huge and ready for our kids with treats and activity books. The food was very nice and so was the hotel staff. The building itself is quite remarkable so definitely worth a visit! Sligo

Date of stay: June 2022
Joseph R, Other at Clayton Hotel Sligo, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2022

Dear Z5657ZQannak ,

Thank you for taking the time to submit this very kind review following your visit to the Clayton Hotel Sligo.

We are delighted to hear that you and your family found the room spacious and that you enjoyed your overall experience.

Our teams will be so pleased to hear that their efforts on your behalf were appreciated and we sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hotel in the future.

Reviewed 26 September 2022

Hi we had our wedding here on 24th September and I have to say the staff was absolutely brilliant especially lara and velma whom helped us with everything for our wedding they were so easy to work with and had no problem sorting everything for us. Would like to thank Joseph aswell for our sample dinner he was brilliant the hotel itself was excellent and could not fault it. We would recommend staying at the clayton hotel sligo. Thanks you so much from Carol and vinny

Date of stay: September 2022

Dear Carol and Vinny,

Thank you for choosing the Clayton Hotel Sligo as your venue for your very special day.

It was our pleasure to welcome you and your guests to the Hotel for this beautiful occasion. Everyone enjoyed such a wonderful day and I will be sure to share your kind comments with Lara, Vilma, Joseph and indeed the whole team.

Once again a huge congratulations to you both, wishing you many years of happiness.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 4 September 2022

We have just stayed for 2 nights in the Clayton Hotel. Located in a former hospital, just on the outskirts of Sligo, it is an impressive building situated on a rising site as you approach. Room was on the second floor, with a view to the rear of the hotel, however this rear view included BenBulben , so more than satisfied with that ! We had breakfast both mornings, buffet style and ate in the bar on both nights. Food and service was excellent. Room was clean, only drawback was, it was very, very warm at night with no air con and only limited opening available on the window. We enjoyed our stay, and it is obviously in general a well run business. All hotels at this time have to offer as a minimum , clean rooms, good food, and efficient operation. To us , the Clayton did all that, but the real strength of this hotel lies in the staff we encountered throughout our stay. Some very young but all more than welcoming and helpful. A special mention for Megan in Reception, just a lovely blend of efficiency and friendliness, able for a laugh and a pleasure to deal with. Would return to this hotel in the morning.

Room tip: Back rooms overlook BenBulben

Dear Kevin M ,

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the food and your dining experience. We are very fortunate to be situated in such a picturesque location.

Reviewed 25 August 2022 via mobile

I have emailed the hotel but felt the response was somewhat dismissive.
My family and I arrived for a 2 night stay and we booked a 2 bedroom family room and a king room.
I was appalled to find a very visible and large Urine stain on the bed sheets of one of the single beds. I made my way to reception as there was no answer when I tried to call down. I spoke to a member of staff and 3 members of the house keeping team quickly arrived to rectify this issue - I also noticed a recent ‘Tripadvisor’ review where similar happened. I was told that this was a stain from a ‘reject batch’ - and not urine - it most definitely was an urine stain. And if it was a reject batch - why were these sheets used in the first instance?

I also requested a travel cot as I felt it would be easier than transporting our own one. The ‘mattress’ is about 2cm deep, hard and honestly I wouldn’t have given this to my dog to sleep on.

The noise - I realise this is a ‘family hotel’ and some noise is to be expected but there was almost continuous disturbance until 11.30pm on the first night - myself and infant were woken up numerous times - our room was beside a vending machine, escalators and ‘fairy’ seat - where people gathered outside and chatted as if they were in a nightclub. I was told porters do floor walks during the night to ensure noise is kept to a minimum but this obviously wasn’t the case on this particular night.

The little touches that make a 4star hotel a 4 star hotel were not evident in this hotel.
Items that should be standard in 4 star bedrooms were missing - laundry bags, bottled mineral water, vanity kits, smaller face towels, conditioner (the shower gel, shampoo and hand soap is from the same large container and in my opinion, poor quality) The 2 bedroomed room didn’t have a mini fridge.

On arrival, we were asked if we’d like our rooms serviced during our stay to which I replied yes - I called reception 3 times to ask for our room to be serviced as I’d be putting my little girl to bed early - the sign to make up the room was on the door from 11am and only after 3 phone-calls in the early evening did we receive fresh towels and a top up of shower gel as the dispenser was empty. The other room was also not serviced during our stay. My mother asked for the bins to be emptied and this was not done.

Breakfast was nice - although I do think more sanitising around the frequently touched items is needed - such as the coffee machine, the juice/water dispensers, large serving spoons and the handles from the hot platters.

The service and staff in Bulbens restaurant is the only reason I didn’t give this review a 2 star rating.
Lovely meal on the first night, pleasant and helpful staff. And the staff we encountered at Club Vitae were also very nice.

I have stayed in many hotels in Sligo over the years - the Raddison, Glasshouse, Sligo Park, Yeats, Castle Dargan, Markree Castle, and many Air bnbs and bnbs - however this is my first negative Tripadvisor review after a very disappointing experience here at the Clayton.

Room tip: Ask for a room with a view in a quiet area of the hotel.
2  Thank jokelly12345
Joseph R, Other at Clayton Hotel Sligo, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2022

Dear Joanne K,

We were very sorry to hear that there were aspects of your visit that were less than satisfactory. We always strive to deliver excellence in service and can only apologise profusely that on this occasion we failed to meet those standards.

We are committed to continuous quality improvement in services and your ratings are invaluable in helping us to improve and enhance our offering. I am pleased to learn that you did find the staff friendly and enjoyed your meal in Bulbens Bar.

We would certainly be delighted if you would consider visiting the Clayton Hotel Sligo again and hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to us in the future.

Reviewed 18 August 2022 via mobile

My wife and I,and our three grandchildren (15,8 & 5),stayed at the Clayton Sligo, for rwo days recently,and have nothing but good things to say about the staff and hotel.We had a 2 room family suite,which was very spacious.We also booked a tent for the room (yes !!,a tent )for the two younger ones,which was good fun for them.Breakfast was good and plentiful,and dinner on the Bulben Bar was very good.Staff were helpful and friendly,and got us booked in early.I reported to reception that the safe wasn't working,and they had maintenance up to the room within 15 minutes.That's good service.The pool,and Kids Club were great.As there was a kitchenette in the room,with sink,fridge and microwave, my only quibble was that there were no dishes or cutlery there.
I base my reviews only on my own and my families personal experiences at any given location.I always read reviews on places we intend to visit,and make my choice accordingly,but I only offer my own view about any place we go.
Overall our stay at the Clayton was most enjoyable,the grandchildren had a great time,and we would happily return in the future.

1  Thank WindsorP

Dear WindsorP ,

We are delighted to hear that you and your family found the room spacious and that you enjoyed the food and your dining experience.